Question What are you reading?

Pablo49

Reaction score
Just finished House of Leaves. Very good, go read if you have not.

Now onto rereading/finishing Catch-22. I only got halfway through last time before I had to return the book since it was borrowed.

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Just finished Messerschmitt Roulette: The Western Desert 1941-42 by Wing Commander Geoffrey Morley-Mower, DFC, AFC. A great read about an Englishman flying solo or two man low altitude tac recon flights in worn out Hawker Hurricanes with a RAAF unit.

Just started Moonfire: The Epic Journey of Apollo 11 by Norman Mailer

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
Just fished Voyage.

It's been recommended several times around here, but it was an impossibly hard book to find.:beathead: Based on my searches, it doesn't appear that there is a physical copy within a hundred miles of here. I had to use a gift card for Google play to get a digital copy.

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Blue Moon over Cuba: Aerial Reconnaissance during the Cuban Missile Crisis by Capt William B. Ecker USN (ret.) & Kenneth V. Jack

Last edited:

Pablo49

Reaction score
Just finished The Catcher in the Rye, finally. Next up is The Fault in Our Stars, which I am basically only reading because I love John Green.

Keatah

Reaction score
Magnificent Desolation
TRS-80 Pocket Computer (service manual)
Psychology paper on rape & brain damage

Graham2001

Reaction score
Night Crossing by Jurgen Petschull.

A reminder of a world that should never be revived, but that those who have not experienced it wish to bring back.

E

ex-orbinaut

On Yahoo news, the final reunion. For more detail on the topic, I would recommend the book I Could Never Be So Lucky Again, the autobiography of Gen. Jimmy Doolittle, which I read some 18 months ago.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Richard Bachmann's The Regulators creepy book.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
First Man, the Neil Armstrong biography and Team of Rivals, a biographical book about Civil War politics.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Snuff and Nightwatch by Terry Pratchett, The Silmarillion (again) by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Submarine: A History (again) by Thomas Parrish, Milton's Paradise Lost, and The Name of the Wind (second attempt at finishing it) by Patrick Rothfuss. I'm starting more books than I'm finishing. :p

Tycho

Reaction score
I'm starting more books than I'm finishing. :p

You're not the only one, I assure you. :) Just started Truman by David McCullough after just recently reading Ivan the Terrible by Nikita Romanov (yes, that Romanov) and Robert Payne.

You might say I'm into biographies of historical figures. :thumbup:

Allan

Reaction score
Apologies for the repost BUT I really think this groups would LOVE this book (not mine)

Hello again everyone, I just finished a sci-fi book I downloaded from Amazon for .99 and immediately thought of the folks at Orbiter.

The Martian by Andy Weir

The story is mostly in journal entry form as the main character uses what materials were left behind by man and his knowledge to survive, alone, on the Red Planet. It is packed with science (chemistry, math, physics, botany, and astronomy) and some well-timed humor. Its a great story (not mine) that I thoroughly enjoyed and I know my Orbiter friends will fully appreciate.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I've just finished reading it. Great book!

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

In a way it's Orbiter in paperback format :)
I'm halfway through despite having started to read it less than two days ago and actively trying to keep a slow pace.

Kendo

Reaction score
This in not about what I,m reading now, its about a book that stays in my mind. Around 50 years ago, I read a book called Was God an Astronaut by Eric van Daniken ( I think tha,ts the right name).
Is I am not religious, I found this absolutely fascinating.