Question What is everyone using to orbit somewhere in the Solar system?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ah, the Arrow Freighter! I don't use her much because in my VSA world it's only a drawing board craft (and to be built by governments instead of corporations).

Great for fantasy flying though. Great for trips to the outer planets, that's for sure.

Another good ship (for Orbiter '06) was the Vespucci-D. How awesome is it to arrive at Jupiter with more fuel than you had when you left LEO?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, for me it's like for Urwumpe, most of my time in Orbiter is spent with the addon I help develop, in my case NASSP. Not much time to use any other vessels. I usually use the stock DG or one of the LSTS landers when I take a look at the most recent Orbiter Beta.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I find an on going save sort of situation is the most fun for me. I have built space stations and done crew rotations and supply runs, put a base on the moon and fly there often to swap crew out and supplies. Put various payloads into LEO and sometimes go and bring them back or perform maintenance. Fun stuff, so much to do in Orbiter.

Same. I'm still planning out missions and crew swaps. One of the most fun missions I had was a simple test run, launch a cargo from Ascension and land it at Woomera - this was a test of something I want to send to Mars.
I shipped a whole load of equipment from Ascension to Woomera and used UCGO to set up a temporary base.

I then launched the cargo, orbited it for a day and brought it down a mile from the base. It was fun.