General Question what is the parameter that causes bounce

tauruslittrow84

Reaction score
Just changed the parameters of my ship to what I thought was going to be more realistic. Now on the lunar surface as I'm am just about to land, ship touches surface and bounces thousand feet in the air. Cause???

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
In Orbiter Beta or 2010?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
"I changed things and now it doesn't work!"

Well, what did you change?

tauruslittrow84

Reaction score
I changed the thing that made my ship lightly touch the lunar surface and suddenly bounce ricochet a thousand feet in the air every time. If there are more than one or two things that can cause this, someone needs to come out with Orbiter 2016!!!! Thanks Smug:leaving:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
If there are more than one or two things that can cause this, someone needs to come out with Orbiter 2016!!!!
In Orbiter 2016 it might be caused by damping and stiffness parameters of touchdown points of the vessel. That's why I asked whether it's Orbiter Beta. However, in Orbiter 2010 these parameters aren't definable.

You need to tell exactly which parameters of the vessel you changed form what value to what value to make it better reproducible by others, who can tell you what's wrong with the new value of these parameters.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What is your framerate? It was proven that high frame rates caused crazy things to happen at touchdown, especially when you were in situations with low gravity and no atmosphere, like at the Moon.

tauruslittrow84

Reaction score
Thanks, I got it.

I did some experimenting and, it was as many things are : Touchdown Points...
I changed them just a tad keeping them in the same plane, of course, and , oula! No more bounce.