What music are you listening to?

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
BTW: I would really like to get a (CD-)recording of that Filharmonii Narodowej version of Holst's "The Planets" (see above).
Does anyone have a link to where I could get one?
On a quick amazon-search and a look at their web-site, I couldn't find anything.

Sunhillow

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Since I attended some concerts with Sir Roger Norrington as conductor, the more open sound when 1st and 2nd violins are seated in the old order left and right of the stage, I really prefer such recordings.
Unfortunately I missed when he conducted The Planets!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just stumbled over some pretty old rock song from the other german side of the iron curtain:

Really a weird lucky anomaly, that these lyrics passed the censorship ... and the composition has some parallels to modern symphonic metal, really surprising that nobody covered the song yet. ?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That song was visionary, the lyrics keep making more and more sense nowadays. That's the mark of artistic genius. :hailprobe:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Another of my favorites, this one from Nightwish. Floor Jansen's vocals in this just blow me away, and this was live:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Another of my favorites, this one from Nightwish. Floor Jansen's vocals in this just blow me away, and this was live:

Yeah, this was really an impressive show in Wacken.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, this was really an impressive show in Wacken.

Yeah, Wacken is my favorite! I own the studio-recorded version of Ghost Love Score, but the studio mix is such that the choir vocals are IMO way too loud, and you can't hear Floor nearly as well. So I pretty much only listen to the live versions. ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah, Wacken is my favorite! I own the studio-recorded version of Ghost Love Score, but the studio mix is such that the choir vocals are IMO way too loud, and you can't hear Floor nearly as well. So I pretty much only listen to the live versions. ?

I only have the Tarja version of Ghost Love Score there. I thought Tarja was a great singer and Ghost Love Score almost her signature track... but Floor really owns it now, thanks to her use of almost all possible registers....

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It seems to me that there is nothing better than live instruments

What's amazing there is that they achieve an excellent recording quality while they seem to be a group of students with limited budget. Congrats !

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Back in the days I worked as a volunteer in a guitar school for the annual concert preparations... There were a lot of acoustic guitars and singers involved and we had so many issues trying to get the job done with microphones and a small mixing table. We got an half-decent result but that was a real lot of work.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That muted guitar riff at 5:07... so simple and so efficient... 123-123-1234567 sequence, only 13 notes...