What music are you listening to?

Graham2001

Reaction score
More of that which is forgotten, but not lost...

Note: This last track chops off abruptly, apparently a transcription glitch.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Astropilot - Russian musician playing in the style of space ambient can be heard in virtual planetarium "SpaceEngine"

Graham2001

Reaction score
One of those rare cover versions that may be slightly better than the original...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Another classic... Land of Sand...

Also "Dune 2" was the first RTS I played as a teenager.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The real Defenders Of The Crown....

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
One of the best game soundtracks ever IMHO (yeah, I love blues). Real acoustic stuff, they hired musicians from Saint-Louis. Very authentic, you can even hear the breathing when they start a guitar riff (real blues players sing what they play, in their head when its instrumental). Also I like the idea of "industrial-themed blues", a tribute to the sweat and hard work of people that laid train tracks with their bare hands, for very little money.

My favorite, that was added as a "bonus track" (very cool "walking bass" line, seems to live its life while staying on tone) :

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
One of the best game soundtracks ever IMHO (yeah, I love blues). Real acoustic stuff, they hired musicians from Saint-Louis. Very authentic, you can even hear the breathing when they start a guitar riff (real blues players sing what they play, in their head when its instrumental). Also I like the idea of "industrial-themed blues", a tribute to the sweat and hard work of people that laid train tracks with their bare hands, for very little money.

Yeah, if you travel a bit further from that one, you can find this one, its my (widely feared*) smartphone ringtone actually for some years:

Not for a game, but for a (great) documentary, and a really recognizable guitar riff.

* Before Corona, it used to freak out my coworkers, when I got a call. Just imagine a silent office with all focussed on coding and suddenly this intro...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Something I didn't notice because of all the Rona: John Williams fulfilled his long wish of conducting the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in January 2020... and the result is epic.

This performance here is really lightyears away from the original soundtrack, alone the dynamics in this one....

And who doesn't feel 30 years younger when the strings start to play?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That one is really well done. The french is a bit in the classical lyric style but still can be easily understood.