What music are you listening to?

Lodkins

Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3vgz-7RchU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3vgz-7RchU[/ame]

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Going toward the Centenary of the armistice on the 11th hour of the 11th day on the 11th month. Happens to fall on Remembrance Sunday.

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Going toward the Centenary of the armistice on the 11th hour of the 11th day on the 11th month. Happens to fall on Remembrance Sunday.

"Hymn to the Fallen" by John Williams - YouTube

N.

I was baptized exactly on 11:11 on the 11th day in the 11 month, about 40 years ago. It has a slightly different meaning in Germany...

Anyway, I am currently mesmerized by this:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Interesting, I remember it well. (if its the one I'm thinking of...)
I was working at Teddington Studios then. Live-Aid was mega and Thames OB had a large input to the Wembley production. Teddington had microwave links to Wembley, the usual land-lines(we only had two outgoing) and parallel microwave links to the Post Office Tower in central London. It was all belts and braces, and lots of divergent paths.
Biggest production to come through Teddington till the next royal wedding. We recorded everything incoming on every available machine. Nobody told us to, but it seemed a good idea at the time. Must have been a Saturday, as it was quiet?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Interesting, I remember it well. (if its the one I'm thinking of...)
I was working at Teddington Studios then. Live-Aid was mega and Thames OB had a large input to the Wembley production. Teddington had microwave links to Wembley, the usual land-lines(we only had two outgoing) and parallel microwave links to the Post Office Tower in central London. It was all belts and braces, and lots of divergent paths.
Biggest production to come through Teddington till the next royal wedding. We recorded everything incoming on every available machine. Nobody told us to, but it seemed a good idea at the time. Must have been a Saturday, as it was quiet?

Well, you have not been one of the guys talking into "Is this the world we created?" right? :lol:

But yes, it was a Saturday. July 13, 1985.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I don't get this(but I am very old)

Well, you have not been one of the guys talking into "Is this the world we created?" right?

Glad to hear it was a Saturday, Sunday was one of the audience record nights.

Looking more at that, you can see microphony on some of the camera shots. The audio level is affecting the camera output.
If you look at the two cameras in front of stage, they are pedestal cameras, could be RCA TK47 or Ikegami I don't know. Never a camera person.
Either way they are mounted on Vinten pedestals. Vinten are on old uk company and made cameras for PR Spitfires. May well be still going.

Well, seems they are!

http://www.vinten.com/en/timeline

Ah! as always listen to the end! No Guv it wasn't me honest, I was miles away at the time and we had no talkback to Wembley. Also I have a Geordie accent, so would have been tracked down quickly...

N.

N.

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFA_tT8_v-Q"]Beethoven's Symphony no 3 Eroica - (Genius creation of the Eroica - 9 June 1804 ) - YouTube[/ame]

49 minutes in, you try telling Beethoven its not a symphony.

N.