Question Where can I find the "Spaceports 1.5" addon?

EarthMoon

The Earth and the Moon
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He, His, Him or You, Your, Yours
I have seen multiple addons (e.g. this one) that require an add-on called "Spaceports 1.5" (and also a few posts mentioning it), but none of them actually provides a link to it. Even a quick addon search did not give any relevant addons. So, where can I find it? I need this addon because it is required to run another addon which right now crashes to desktop with this line in Orbiter.log: >>> File not found: .\Config\Spaceports\Sol.cfg because it cannot find the required one.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Even a quick addon search did not give any relevant addons
This does give relevant search results, but unfortuneately it still doesn't solve the problem!
There was a discussion in the shout box recently about it, I checked the downloads
These links have faulty download packages
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/resou...-in-space-vostok-soyuz-proton-collectors.990/
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/resou...in-space-vostok-soyuz-proton-collectors.1148/
The first one has only the Vostock addon
The second has only the spaceports, but it's for Orbiter2010, so the bases defineately will not work 100% in Orbiter2016, but it would solve your sol.cfg problem:)

There's 1 review, but wierdly I can't write one? I've sent Igel a pm

EarthMoon

The Earth and the Moon
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He, His, Him or You, Your, Yours
Thx, it works now after a small modification (described below)! I read the "Orbiter 2010" tag in the name so I thought it was the wrong one but it was the correct one, I think next time I should read the whole addon title carefully...

After installing the spaceports addon, I still got a CTD with the error box "Terminating after critical error. See Orbiter.log for more details.". But I fixed that by copying the file Config\Vessels\Spaceports\_Baser.cfg to Config\Vessels\Vostok\_Baser.cfg. Now everything works fine.

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Sorry, I have not been on this site for a couple of years. On a quick look, it seems that something has changed on OrbitHangar. The link in the original package post (both for 2010 and 2016 versions) points to just one randomly selected zip file. When I uploaded them, this was indeed a "package" of addons, with multiple zip files for download.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On a quick look, it seems that something has changed on OrbitHangar.
It was completely migrated to this forum, so yeah, something definitely changed. It looks like multiple files were not considered in the migration. I didn't even know it was possible in the old hangar...

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
The link in the original package post (both for 2010 and 2016 versions) points to just one randomly selected zip file. When I uploaded them, this was indeed a "package" of addons, with multiple zip files for download.

This is known issue but there's no solution so far. I love those soviet-era spacecrafts. I'd be very grateful if you can re-upload them separately.

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Oh, then I don't know how to solve it easily... These addons are all about "multiple files" but packaged "closer together" to provide installation flexibility without mixing them up. Uploading them separately into individual "addons" will be a tremendous effort leading to tremendous confusion (multiplied by two versions)... and to maintenance nightmare in case of changing something in them... even if I could do it easily (I can't right now anyway, for too many reasons). May be best to wait till Hangar multifile function is restored... Or till I find some alternative way/place to upload it... And find some time for it...

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
wouldn't it be possible to put all the zips in a single zip? I consider your addons as essential Orbiter material, would be great to have them available (especially with a new release of Orbiter around the corner)

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I'll try to find some time to pack all zips into one zip (two times, for both versions) and upload them... guess upload process has also changed... This may also loose some extra info that was on Hangar page, but I'll see what I can do. But not soon, not maybe within a few weeks. It all will need digging things out and reviewing them and refreshing memory...

I don't know what new Orbiter version may look like. Might not work for my addons. The last upgrade was good but it broke... well, re-did :) a few things that it probably did not consider important, but that totally broke some quintessential features. External client tried to catch up with time, but those were the reasons 2010 version was (and still is) relevant after so many years even with better features in 2016. Some visuals and behaviours simply could not be replicated...