Which ISS?

-Pv-

Reaction score
^^^

That got rid of the CMG reports. Apparently, the SDK folders were missing. All the other files were there.

I've been reading the AtoZ thread for several days now.
Not really seeing my issues discussed.

"You can always PM me."

With so many interdependent packages from different authors, I did not want to poke anyone unnecessarily. This thread started out asking which of the
ISS packages is best and I started exploring by installing the identified packages one at a time and kept running into road blocks.
I have yet to discover if any of the diagnostic errors impact any of the ISS/AtoZ missions in the scenarios folder.

-Pv-

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I've been reading the AtoZ thread for several days now.
Not really seeing my issues discussed.

Well, the CMG issue was actually reported in the thread (as I pointed out to you). Do not misunderstand me, not willing to criticize you, but had you checked the thread you would have fixed the CMG issues..

and also about the "dev pm offer", we are lucky that Donamy (as well as many other devs) is always available and supportive when it comes to our frustrating issues with addons. Something we should all appreciate.

Just my two cents

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you want to use ISS AtoZ, you only need Thorton's ISS for the Russian segments.

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
-Pv-, hopefully I can explain this.

Thorton's ISS simulates the ISS from 1998 to 2009, Russian segment and US segment, including launches, through the use of not only Shuttle Fleet, but also Thorton's Proton and Soyuz addons, to name the big dependencies. The only things it's missing is the ATV and HTV cargo vehicles, and everything after 2009- which isn't a big complaint against everything it does so well.

Donamy's ISS A to Z builds on Thorton's package, focusing on the US half of the ISS to the point where he replaced all the meshes for that side(IIRC), and keeps things much closer to the present day, if not completely up to date. It a partial replacement and expansion package, if you need a way to label it.

ISS Fleet is doesn't have much in common with Thorton's ISS or Donamy's ISS A to Z, aside for also simulating the ISS and uses Shuttle Fleet for the Shuttle launches and missions. It uses different meshes, includes it's own Proton and Soyuz rockets in addition it's own Soyuz and Progress vehicles, and uses it's own codebase. It is it's own thing, separate from either Thorton's or Donamy's stuff.

-Pv-

Reaction score
"ISS Fleet is doesn't have much in common with Thorton's ISS or Donamy's ISS A to Z, aside for also simulating the ISS"

I have only discussed the ISS FLEET in terms or its availability, not trying to use it or install it, only the documented dependency SF 4.5 and it's assumed replacement- SF 4.8.

My assumption as stated above is there are two ISS/Shuttle packages a person could roll with (perhaps more)- the ISS 3.2/AtoZ combo, or the ISS Fleet package. My efforts at this point has been dedicated to getting the ISS 3.2/AtoZ packages working with its SF dependency. So far I've had to install more than the documents suggest. I'm still working through it with the help provided.

-Pv-

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I know Donamy is aware that some issues related to ISS AtoZ are partially due to the lack of documentation. While he might provide us with that in the future he is still quite surprised of the lack of feedback despite the huge number of downloads, so I assume he is happy to get some at least.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's nice to be loved.:bighug:

thammond

Reaction score
I would like to start flying the space shuttle and building ISS in orbiter.

I have been reading many posts on the various Shuttle/ISS options available. As I understand there will be a large learning curve to these, I want to understand all as much as possible before getting started so I don't waste lots of time going down the wrong path.

From what I have learned, there are basically 2 packages for both the ISS and the Shuttle.

For the shuttle: SSU vs SF

My understanding is that SSU is somewhat more detailed and somewhat more complex than SF. It also seems likie SSU is still being developed.

For the ISS: ISS A2Z & ISS V3.2 (combination) vs ISS Fleet

I have read a lot about the A2Z/V3.2 combo but have not seen much in my searches describing ISS Fleet.

I also have seen a lot posted about the A2Z/V3.2 combo with SF. But virtually nothing else regarding any other combination of Shuttle/ISS other than SF & ISS Fleet were designed to work together.

My priorities (in order) for deciding which combo to use is:
1. Build the ISS from from the ground up to fully complete (it sounds like the A2Z/V3.2 combo will do that. Not sure if ISS Fleet can do that)
2. Fly as many historical shuttle missions as possible, including non ISS missions (not sure how SSU compares to SF in this regard)
3. Have as much detail as possible in both Shuttle and ISS (sounds like SSU is better than SF here, but not sure if that is with existing released version or final version whenever that happens. Not sure about ISS options)
4. Compatibility both with 2010P1 for Shuttle and ISS options and compatibility between Shuttle and ISS. ( I have not been able to find any info on compatibility between SSU and A2Z/V3.2 or ISS Fleet).

So looking for any advice, comments, suggestions based on the criteria I have listed in helping me selecting Shuttle and ISS addon packages to use.

Thanks,

Tim

Last edited: