Poll Which operating system do you use to run Orbiter?

Which OS do you most often run Orbiter on?

• Windows 10

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Windows 8

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Linux (any flavor) via Wine

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Indeed. Systemd is just software, and at least it is open source.

What about a hate fest for Lennart Poettering instead, though? :rofl:

Just kidding, of course ;) .

Well, he doesn't write Orbiter add-ons. (I hope)

Gazza

Reaction score
I was hoping XP will do a little bit better than that:(

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I was hoping XP will do a little bit better than that:(
Did you seriously expect that? XP is defunct, MS is not even providing any security updates for it, it's completely EOL'ed. 7 has been the mainstream O/S since 2009 and it is a great O/S.

Gazza

Reaction score
Did you seriously expect that? XP is defunct, MS is not even providing any security updates for it, it's completely EOL'ed. 7 has been the mainstream O/S since 2009 and it is a great O/S.

Yes and no. I'm still using XP and loving it:tiphat:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes and no. I'm still using XP and loving it:tiphat:
You really should update to at least Win 7 if XP is your daily driver. As MS is no longer providing any security updates, flaws in the O/S itself are no longer being patched. This is more than true now in the times of Spectre and Meltdown.

Gazza

Reaction score
You really should update to at least Win 7 if XP is your daily driver. As MS is no longer providing any security updates, flaws in the O/S itself are no longer being patched. This is more than true now in the times of Spectre and Meltdown.

On a serious note, i do plan to update my O/S and computer(been saying that for the last 6 years though). A lot of general software is starting to become obsolete for XP. If it wasn't for chrome and Avira, i would of updating a while back, as most of my webpages would not load and most programs ended support for XP a while back, i still got some on line protection atm.

Most of the sims i use, still support XP. However, another sim that i generally use, is ending total support for XP in the coming months, as that sim is moving over to Monogame.

Guess my time on XP is finally coming to an end!

Thanks

MaddogK

Reaction score
Moved Orbiter2010 from my dying XP rig to a newer 4Gb dynosaur laptop running a fresh Debian stretch / Wine (W7 32) just to see if I can. DX isn't happening but I'm getting pretty good results using Oglaclient. Did some deep fishing and found the XR2 Ravenstar 1.2 thats alot more stable than my original 1.0, and hope to get the Arienne boosters I used in O2006 installed eventually.