White Sands: Bumping/jumping after touchdown?

Susan27

Reaction score
Hi,

at the moment I am trying to land properly at White Sands AFB. Therefore I installed the scenery add-on LC39.High-Res where White Sands is also included...

Everything is doing very well until touching down at RWY 05 or 32:

I have thisAfter I touched down softly the orbiter begins bumping (and jumping) very much over the RWY...and I am unable to stop this bumping...also braking isnt possible ofter this jumping has started...

At White Sands there isnt Tarmac installed from what I can see at this scenery but kind of sand-(lakebed?) RWY like this one they used long time ago at Edwards...

So, did someone of you experienced the same behaviour of the orbiter and know how to fix that annoying bumping after touching down...?

Thanks very much!

Kind regards

Susan

Last edited:

Tommy

Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a framerate issue. In your orbiter launchpad, ensure that the "framerate" module is enabled. During flight, press f to bring up the framerate display. It will be on the upper right corner of your screen under the sim time. Low framerates, especially below 10fps, can cause this problem.

I'm not familiar with the White Sands add-on, but on my computer some of the hi-res base add-ons can really kill my FPS.