Why is it that...

myles

Reaction score
If I go to sleep late, like at 11:30, I wake up feeling refreshed in the morning, but whenever I go to sleep at 8:30-9:00 ( I never do, only for the reason of this experiment) I can't wake up in the morning? This is confusing and I hate it like this! Oh well, another reason to stay up later...

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I experience the same thing. I think that when your body doesn't get enough sleep, it releases adrenaline in order to compensate, thus you feel more energetic, and "refreshed".

Chipstone306

Reaction score
I am trying to find a study i read for work a few years back. If i remember correctly there were three study groups
1 group that was allowed only to sleep 8 hrs
2 group that was given only 5 hrs sleep
3 group that allowed to sleep 8+ hrs

they were all told that they slept 8 hrs the first group felt rested the second no change and interesting enough the third group felt tired. The brain is use to a constant cycle/pattern when you disrupt that pattern neurons have to change the way they send signals which will disrupt other cognative functions eg energy levels, hormone levels blood pressure etc.

Going to bed at 11:30 may work for a while but you will find that sooner or later this will not work