Woo482's Mars rover MK 1 Release

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Hello :) my mars rover will be ready for release soon but I want some one to test it for me to make sure I have packed it correctly to any one who wants to test it pm me but you will need the delta glider iv and ummu.
and dont give it to any one or upload it any wear if you do want to test it.
Pm me if you want to help

EDIT1: remember that its not all mine gattispilot got it in to orbiter and made the axels and animations and re painted the textures.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
well its

but whit white stripes on the wheels

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
here is the rover and the rover in the Delta GliderIV:
f_rovertestm_98ea5e3.jpg

f_rovertest1m_1c85ca9.jpg

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I know it I think you can repaint it if you want so does any one want to be the first person apart from me and gattispilot to use this ? i need some one to check the package I have made
EDIT: no you cant repaint it just remembed the only thing you can re texture are the wheels

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Actually the orange, blue, grey pieces are materials no textures. So using meshwizard or something one could change the colors

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
oh ok :) but you can just alter the dds for the tires

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
so if you want you can have pink tires :) !!
EDIT: shouldent you have a addon developer tag all I did to be called a addon developer is re skin the dgiv but you write dll's and create vessels
EDIT2: I have a tester now :)

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
yes but I dont know how to do that I made this model in xsi mod tool and then gattispilot got it in to orbiter after remaking the textures so I would have to ask him on how to do that

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
To get your textures going, you should first lay down the UV coordinates, you should have some kind of UV mapping tools in Xsi - you must have used this to some extent for the tyres, look up "UV mapping" or "Unwrapping" in your manual or google it. This basically assigns pixel coordinates to a surface... so it'll tell Xsi to draw this image pixel here on this position on this polygon and so on, this UV coordinate data is also exported with the rest of the .msh.

After this you'll have a template that you can save and open in a paint package to paint your texture. I've included an attachment of an image i've painted over the top of the UV coordinates, after arranging the polygons on the template (i have a UV editor that lets me do this pretty easily, im sure Xsi has an equivalent) i eported this as the image of wires that you can see overlaying the painted image. your UV unwrap should be a bit more simple than this since you're dealing with hard angular surfaces that lend themselves to easier unwrapping or uvmapping.

Attachments

• grey copy.jpg
    grey copy.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 24