Idea Would anyone be interested in a set of Dragonfly mods?

thegrogen

Reaction score
Having little to nothing to really do over these holidays, I'd thought I'd turn my attention to Orbiter once again and do some mods on Dragonfly. Specifically, I was thinking of doing the following:

- creating a set of docking adapters for the Dragonfly/Default station docking port to other types of docking ports, like APAS, CBM, Apollo, etc... Essentially something like the docking module used on the Apollo-Soyuz test project, or the PMAs, but specifically for Dragonfly and supporting a variety of docking types
- a set of fairings for the dragonfly designed to be adapted to EELV, Ariane (yes, I'm aware of Dragonfly-lite :D), Ares (I or V), DIRECT, maybe even Saturn, with the intent of launching Dragonfly on a variety of current or speculative launchers. I'm aware of the XR-Vanguard mod, as well, but I'd like to do this for "normal" expendables as well.
- anything else I (or you!) can think of, maybe start with the simple stuff and work up to something like an Orbital Transfer Vehicle, propellant depot, etc. that would be maintained by Dragonfly.

I'd also like to compile all the Dragonfly mods I can find into a single cohesive and convenient package, but that's optional since I don't know what the respective authors of those mods would think of such an idea. :p

So, what do you guys think? Would you use such an add-on, or should I do something else?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Sounds good but how will you make the Docking ports ? Space Craft 3 a .cfg or a .dll ?

thegrogen

Reaction score
Sounds good but how will you make the Docking ports ? Space Craft 3 a .cfg or a .dll ?

Just generic .cfgs like the default space station modules, unless I decide to make them animated, but I don't think they'll really need to be. If I need more than what generic .cfgs can provide I'll use something more powerful.