X-Mas post: My daughter's performance in a musical

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
While the Western world had a Christmas on Dec 25th, my kid has got a first in her lifetime experience of singing a party in an amateur musical performance on the stage of a local community's club, the musical was "The Wolf and the Seven Young Goats". I was taking a footage of the performance (the quality is the best I could get with the equipment I have... really spoiled the 1st fragment until I turned the Auto Focus feature off...)

Such she was during the yesterday's performance... I'm really proud of her. :)
IMG_6413_s.JPG

So, if you don't mind watching something sung in Russian, I invite you to watching all the 11 parts... Especially since in the part 10 the bigger girls sing one verse in English for a purpose. :)

The plot is well-known and meaning of certain phrases may be guessed.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH_BXw-CA-PgMuGItqqlG9IXN1I1M1XUb

Enjoy!

(The post is made "Contacts-only" for privacy reasons)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've only gotten to see the first two videos so far, she's adorable!

I wish my girl were young again (she's almost 19), she danced when she was the same age as yours. I'd really like to adopt a little girl and do the same trials and tribulations all over again (even that "life changing" event around age 12, that was rough).

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
I my perception you must be over 50 (sorry if mistaken...) I'm yet have to live through much before reaching that, so I probably have a wrong idea that after 50 is a time you usually "reserve for yourself" if you had any children before. Now you are talking of adoption. That's a honorable idea, I think!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Only 44, so I still got plenty left in me for fun. The wife is constantly asking me when I'm going to "grow up", to which I usually respond with "Why start now?"

When Allison danced I had so much fun being a "dance Dad", who says all the dance moms should have all the fun? It was like being an uncle for anywhere from 2 to 40 girls at once, spanning age 4 to 17. She gave up dance in grade 9 for algebra. But she was in the high school band. So I went from Dance Dad to Band Dad, and it was every bit as much fun (if not a bit more).

I'd love to adopt an 8 year old and do it all over again. Kids are so much fun. A trial sometimes... I've been angry, elated, proud and horrified; often I got those feelings within seconds of each other. Of all the things I've manage to acomplish, raising her is what I'm most proud of.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
A 8 years old? Isn't that a too serious age of a child for being adopted? One my friend married a woman with a kid who had been 4 then, I believe. They seem to be in accord with each other, although they don't reveal much of the internal affairs of their family. Still, I think, "the younger, the better" is a wise principle of choosing. But maybe there's lesser competition for children of older age, who can have their habits and are on a brink of personal independence...

This feels like an almost sad topic, anyway.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Nah, not sad. Kids need a proud parent at any age! :thumbup:

How old is yours BTW? Girly-girly or tomboyish?

Last edited:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Mine is 8, turning 9 next February. No solid preference. :lol: Can do herself a makeup, take a fluffy toy and crash her school bag onto annoying boy's head. :lol: