Flight Question XR-2 KSC to Brighton Beach nonstop?

dundun92

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get a default XR-2 to get from KSC to Brighton Beach nonstop with no refueling/cargo fuel tanks, specifically using the "KSC to ISS" mission without time warping forward too much? Ive tried doing this a few times and I always run out of fuel somewhere on the final approach to Brighton Beach.

Pioneer

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get a default XR-2 to get from KSC to Brighton Beach nonstop with no refueling/cargo fuel tanks, specifically using the "KSC to ISS" mission without time warping forward too much? Ive tried doing this a few times and I always run out of fuel somewhere on the final approach to Brighton Beach.
I have my XR2 set to expert mode. On that mode, I have just enough fuel to reach orbit with good scram usage. Then I get a full refuel at a space station in LEO and then fly out to the moon. Enough fuel with a bit of spare for circularization, deorbit, and landing.

dundun92

Reaction score
I have with a SCRAM ascent and very, very careful planning.
How do you execute your SCRAM ascents? I usually climb at 50-70deg to like 10-12km, then pull inverted to get nose level around 20km, then light the SCRAMs around M3.5. I usually keep the vessel on the edge of overtemp, and run out of fuel on the scrams around M17 at 50km.