Bug XR vessel ISP override

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The XR2* seems to have a bug where if you add the line "CONFIG_OVERRIDE_MainFuelISP n" to a scenario file, the vessel will act as though you have set EnableATMThrustReduction=0

I sent a private email to dgatsoulis and he verified that he was seeing the same thing on his end. He also suggested what is probably the fastest and easiest way to verify this.

Normally an XR2 cannot lift off from Venus due to atmospheric pressure. However, if you add the line "CONFIG_OVERRIDE_MainFuelISP 2" to your scenario file (which is the same ISP setting as the default), then you can use the hover engines to lift up off of Venus.

This also works if you set CONFIG_OVERRIDE_MainFuelISP to the lowest setting, which is 0.

If the XR2 is not supposed to be able to lift off of Venus with an ISP of 2 (25962), then it most definitely should not be able to lift off with an ISP of 0 (13943).

Interestingly enough, dgatsoulis also found that if you set up an xrcfg and set the ISP there instead of inside of the scenario file, then the ISP behaves as you would expect.

Here is a scenario file that is already set up so you can check this out on your own:

http://db.tt/Iol2jVjf

* I have only tested the XR2, but I'm guessing this applies to the whole XR fleet.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That's a good catch! It will be fixed in the upcoming XR maintenance releases, which should be ready to go within a few weeks.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I can confirm blixel's bug report. It seems as if the ISP setting from the .cfg file is pressure dependent, while the "forced" ISP setting from the CONFIG_OVERRIDE line in the scenario is pressure independent.

If it isn't too much trouble for Doug to fix this, great.
If not, there is no problem. There is a workaround (using an .xrcfg file with the name of the ship).

:cheers:

EDIT : :ninja:'d by Doug. :)