Problem XR-2 and Orbiter Beta: HUD anomaly?

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hello,

Finally replaced the old computer I had been using, and I'm slowly re-installing all the Orbiter downloads I used to have.

One issue I'm having is with the XR-2 when using Orbiter Beta. Initially when opening a scenario on the runway the XR-2 was tilted about 30 degrees. I saw a fix for that here on the forum, involving changing the parking brake setting. But now while sitting on the runway the landing gear symbol on the HUD is not the normal three boxes, but instead I'm getting three lines canted at an angle. After takeoff when the gear is raised the symbol goes away.

Is there a tweak to correct this? Or should I just stick with the standard Orbiter when using the XR-2?

Thanks

Attachments

• Orbiter 2016 [D3D9Client] 8_9_2023 3_48_20 AM.png
    Orbiter 2016 [D3D9Client] 8_9_2023 3_48_20 AM.png
    469.6 KB · Views: 12

Wedge313

Reaction score
Have you got Beta and D3D9 versions correctly matched as per here ?
Yes, I made sure to grab the D3D9 client for Beta version. Everything else seems to be working normally, the DG Glider, NASSP, etc. Only the XR-2 seems to be affected. And once I take off and raise the gear the symbol is gone, so it's not that big a deal. I'd just like to understand what's going on in case it's an installation goof on my end.

Thanks

Reactions: JMW