Project XR2 Crew swap

Leone20010

Reaction score
I'm struggling with get it work: basically the sceneries load up, but I'm not able to get the question/instructions in my screen...

Leone20010

Reaction score
I loaded the scenario and press Ctrl K followed by Ctrl O to input the reopening of the nosecone and open the outer airlock. Nothing appeared in the screen.
I installed all the prerequisites... but I'm surely missing something

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
CTRL + K opened the nosedoor and CTRL =O opened the airlock. Not sure how to exit the crew. When I press EVA I get INternal Mmu error EVA failed

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hi. I've had this problem when i tested one of the first versions. Be careful about old or recent version of XR2. I've completely deleted all my XR2 addons (skins, etc...) and installed a fresh new version. And,as i understood, this wonderful addon only works with its provided scenario. I mean, you have to copy/paste the provided XR2 in your own custom scenario. I'll test this right now, loading the XR2 on Energya and try to go to the moon, and then have a moonwalk. Not sure i'd be able to end it this evening (french time), but i'll put a short report here.

WolfAngriff

Reaction score
Is this the latest?

XR2 Ravenstar 1.10​

Yes sir. And i've RTFM, and see : you have to add the line "Script crewmfd" (without the quotes) at the beginning of your scenario, between the "BEGIN ENVIRONMENT" and "END ENVIRONMENT". I'm just testing.

Test report : launch with Energya : OK / Crew swap before launch : OK / EVA + spacewalk + ingress : OK (but no breathing sound, HUD OK)

Tomorrow, i'll test other things.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. the scenarios that came with the zip have that.
BEGIN_ENVIRONMENT System Sol Date MJD 51984.6111397234 Script crewmfd END_ENVIRONMENT

When In the cockpit and I press CTRL K it get the nosecone on the screen.

Last edited:

Krishnan

I believe, my friends, caravans of rockets
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Ok, so it seems that my initial assumption for using insertmesh was incorrect. It replaces the existing mesh and it doesn't work. Addmesh works but then we have the invisibility behind window problem.
I'll reduce the scope a bit and instead of trying to make a universal crew swap addon, I'll go with what I have already and simply add a few pairs of new heads for the XR2.

Here are the pairs that I plan to add:
1. Lee - Miller (default XR2)
2. Picard - 7 of 9 (Different ST series but I like it).
3. Kirk - Uhura
4. Sisko - Dax
5. Adama - Starbuck (James Olmos - Katee Sackhoff)
6. Reynolds - Inara (Firefly)
7. (Your suggestions)

If you have a particular pair of faces that you'd like to see as the pilot and copilot of the XR2, leave a comment in this thread and I'll try to add them. They need to be a male and a female to match the bodysuits of the default crew. Other than that restriction, ask for whoever you want and I'll see if I can add them.
If you can also provide pics it would be great, but it's not strictly necessary (passport-type pics work best for turning them into head meshes. One for each crew member is ok).
I would love to see Yuri Gagarin and Valentina Tereshkova!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How to do you get the box to open for EVA?

Where is TerminalMFD?

Leone20010

Reaction score
Hi. I've had this problem when i tested one of the first versions. Be careful about old or recent version of XR2. I've completely deleted all my XR2 addons (skins, etc...) and installed a fresh new version. And,as i understood, this wonderful addon only works with its provided scenario. I mean, you have to copy/paste the provided XR2 in your own custom scenario. I'll test this right now, loading the XR2 on Energya and try to go to the moon, and then have a moonwalk. Not sure i'd be able to end it this evening (french time), but i'll put a short report here.
I have XR2 1.10 with only NASA skin replacement ( don't think this may affect the crew swap)

WolfAngriff

Reaction score
Thanks. the scenarios that came with the zip have that.
BEGIN_ENVIRONMENT System Sol Date MJD 51984.6111397234 Script crewmfd END_ENVIRONMENT

When In the cockpit and I press CTRL K it get the nosecone on the screen.
You have to open the nose cone (Ctl K) and the door (Ctl O), both must be opened.
I've made a small mistake at the beginning : i've downloaded the corrective patch only. Be careful to download the addon (V0.7) and then add the patch.

For the last version of XR2, the addon has been made on this one. It seems logical to me, for testing, to get the freshest and "purest" addon.

Hope it could help ! :cheers:

WolfAngriff

Reaction score
Ahah! McAfee was deleting without advise the lua51.dll script. I have it restored and exluded by future scan, and now it starts!
And i wanted to answer to Gattispilot... Bad day... :cool:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I would love to see Yuri Gagarin and Valentina Tereshkova!
They have been in the addon since the previous version. There are 42 different crew members that you can choose from, fictional and RL.
How to do you get the box to open for EVA?

Where is TerminalMFD?
If you want to run the script in a scenario other than the provided ones, you have the following options:
1. Edit your scenario file and enter the line "Script crewmfd" (without the quotes) between the BEGIN_ENVIROMENT END_ENVIROMENT lines
2. Open LuaMFD (you need to have activated in the modules tab). Press INP and type: run('crewmfd')
3. Open LuaConsole (you need to have activated in the modules tab). Type: run('crewmfd') in the popup window that will appear.

Work for me. Not sure how you exit the vessel?
Open both the docking port and the outer airlock (CTRL-K, CTRL-O) and a popup dialogue will appear. Choose the options you want.

Ahah! McAfee was deleting without advise the lua51.dll script. I have it restored and exluded by future scan, and now it starts!

Great to hear that you found what's wrong. Hope others that have the same problem read this.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Nor sure why the dialogue box is not showing up.
Please do the following:
1.Activate LuaConsole in the modules tab.
2.Run the default scenario that comes with the Ravenstar: XR2 Ravenstar\1-Ready for takeoff to ISS
3.From the top menu bar click on functions and open the Lua console window
4.Type: run('crewmfd') in the console window, exactly as you see it, with the parentheses and quotes.

If the script runs correctly, you should see Lee and Kara in the cockpit, wearing helmets. They take them off if the RCS and AF control surfaces are both deactivated.
If the script doesn't run correctly, there should be a message in the lua console window.
Please follow these steps and report back, so we can see what's wrong.
Also, did you see this:

Leone20010 said:
Could be the reason why the script doesn't run for you.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I turned off by McAfee. I reinstalled the main ,07 and patch.07

I open the scn and open the lua console. And it just locks up
dxxI2Jd.jpg

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Check out Demitris' latest video on youtube showing the next version of this mod: buildable bases, cargo, and jetpacks. Looking pretty awesome: