OHM XR2 Enterprise - Update

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: pennyblack

Ravenstar XR2 - NASA Enterprise livery.

Here is a top skin remake of the XR2, that gives you the Enterprise livery. It didn't seem right not to have an Enterprise skin for the XR2. Nasa shuttle style of course.

Update notice... Added credits.

Installation...
Installation wont over-write your currently used livery skins so just extract into your orbiter directory. A scenarios which use the skin is included in the Ravenstar/skin demo scenarios folder in Orbiters Launchpad.

If you wish to use them as standard then open the zip and take the skins from the Textures/XR2Ravenstar/Skins/NASA folder and place them into the Orbiter/Textures/XR2Ravenstar folder, over-writing your current skins.

Original credits go to Douglas E Beachy and Steve"Coolhand"Tyler.

DOWNLOAD

Pale Hearse

Reaction score
Can someone give me a step by step on how to install the .rar file for this skin?
I have absolutely no idea what to do with it so I can get it into the simulator.

A zip file is mentioned in the installation instructions above but all that came through with the download for me was the .rar file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can someone give me a step by step on how to install the .rar file for this skin?
I have absolutely no idea what to do with it so I can get it into the simulator.

A zip file is mentioned in the installation instructions above but all that came through with the download for me was the .rar file.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You unpack it just like a standard zip file but with a program that can handle RAR files, such as WinRAR or 7zip.

WinRAR: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
7zip: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
By changing this line to the file name in the "Textures\XR2Ravenstar\Skins" folder I think, should be the same for the XR5 too
Code:
  [COLOR=Red]SKIN AngelWhite[/COLOR]
  LIGHTS 0 0 0
END

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
By changing this line to the file name in the "Textures\XR2Ravenstar\Skins" folder I think, should be the same for the XR5 too
Code:
  [COLOR=Red]SKIN AngelWhite[/COLOR]
  LIGHTS 0 0 0
END
Specifically for this addon, it should read:
Code:
[COLOR=Red]  SKIN Nasa[/COLOR]
  LIGHTS 0 0 0

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I change skins two other ways, just for interest...

1. I go to a scenario and change the config file... C:\Orbiter\Scenarios\XR2 Ravenstar and open a scenario file with notepad. I go down the file to the BEGIN_SHIPS section and scan to the XR2-01:XR2Ravenstar vessel. When I find it, I just place this "SKIN Nasa" line in that section.

APU_STATUS 1
EXTCOOLING_STATUS 0
TRIM 0.000
SKIN Nasa (Goes here)
LIGHTS 0 0 0
XRUMMU_CREW_DATA_VALID 1

This line (SKIN Nasa) will direct Orbiter to look in that folder... C:\Orbiter\Textures\XR2Ravenstar\Skins\Nasa for the dds (skin) for the XR2.

2. I open the current scenario in C:\Orbiter\Scenarios and edit it in the same manner written above.

Last edited: