Project XR2 Ravenstar - Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm pleased you guys like it, I would like to be able to offer many colourschemes - perhaps blue, green, orange and neutral and even add a control to change them on the fly. it's easy to change the colour at the moment, all i have to do is move a few sliders but once i've finished the layout (the mid panel is the only one thats nearly finshed atm) i'll be customising the switches and so on. That makes changing the colours far more difficult as many files need to be adjusted for each one. I think it'll probably be blue only, since it looks more electronic than neutral greys, is less offensive than the orange and, imo, looks better than green. Who knows though, if there's demand i might make other schemes available for download. Thanks fellas.:)

Red! It would be awesome if you make a red scheme. It'll go along with the other XR class vessels well, and also red is my favorite color. Partly because it's one of the only colors I can see. :dry:

Reaction score
Red! It would be awesome if you make a red scheme. It'll go along with the other XR class vessels well, and also red is my favorite color. Partly because it's one of the only colors I can see. :dry:
Also better for night vision.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Sorry to wave this in your face then say i can't do it, but it turns out that due to decisions that were made when the Delta Glider was originally made, all those years ago. Or possibly just due to limitations in the orbiter code, that different colours for the pit would require a different Dll for each one. This is due to the animated parts (switches, the angular accelleration meters, etc) having to be embedded into the DLL itself rather than just being separate textures.

Just to rub it in, and because all i have to do at this stage is move a couple of sliders to get red, here's a red version :p.

I think we'll still be going with blue, though the red is quite nice.

Attachments

• glider_wip_78.jpg
    glider_wip_78.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 267
Reaction score
Oh well, c'est la vie. I think the blue is the best option as well, nice and different without being really annoying.

Cornflake

Reaction score
Oh well, c'est la vie. I think the blue is the best option as well, nice and different without being really annoying.

Ditto I agree. Man this is the most beautiful aircraft I've seen made for orbiter :cheers: Even if the VC isn't complete with working MFDs, etc it would still be sweet to switch to the interior and it just be skinned with static MFDs and what not.

Although, when it's coded for flight -- please keep in mind that even though it's larger than the regular DG, you should give it enough power to easily fly to orbit. I've been wanting to use the DeltaGliderEX but it's ridiculous taking an hour to get into orbit because it's under-powered for it's size.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Even if the VC isn't complete with working MFDs, etc it would still be sweet to switch to the interior and it just be skinned with static MFDs and what not.

I was under the impression that things would be displayed, you just can't click on anything and expect it to have an effect. And since there are keyboard shortcuts for almost everything, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Even if I'm wrong though, it will still look cool.

Although, when it's coded for flight -- please keep in mind that even though it's larger than the regular DG, you should give it enough power to easily fly to orbit. I've been wanting to use the DeltaGliderEX but it's ridiculous taking an hour to get into orbit because it's under-powered for it's size.

If the XR5 is anything to go by, I think that the engines will be scaled appropriately for the mass. And if you disagree anyway, you can always cheat with the options at the end of the config file:p.

Cornflake

Reaction score
If the XR5 is anything to go by, I think that the engines will be scaled appropriately for the mass. And if you disagree anyway, you can always cheat with the options at the end of the config file:p.

Yeah the XR5 is sweet, big, and powerful but the power isn't "scaled" unless the creator chooses so. In the DeltaGliderEX's case it uses a .dll for flight characteristics which can't be changed without having the source stuff. I thought, at first, I could just modify a config but it turns out I can't.

I was excited for the EX, but it turns out i'm just stuck with it's lower power, barley able to reach orbit :(

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
It will, if anything, be slightly faster than the XR1. but yes, you'll be able to give it as much power as you want as with the other XR's.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Steve is correct: the Ravenstar will have slightly higher performance than the XR1 -- and of course you will still have the config file if you want to change its characteristics.

Also, regarding the VC touchscreens, the plan is to have a static VC for version 1.0 so it can be released sooner rather than later, and then have a fully active VC for version 2.0.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I think you should go with a toned-down dark blue, not too dark, but not too blue, either.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Or maybe a sand red colour....

sandredxx6.png

Cornflake

Reaction score
As far as the cockpit, I definentally think blue is the way to go. Various shades of blue combined with gray tends to look good.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As far as the cockpit, I definentally think blue is the way to go. Various shades of blue combined with gray tends to look good.

Ya, if you are depressed. :lol: It doesn't really matter what color this is, it'll still be the best spacecraft for Orbiter.

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ya, if you are depressed. :lol: It doesn't really matter what color this is, it'll still be the best spacecraft for Orbiter.
Its sexy, alright, but anything that flies in space is bootiful to me. :)

Altea Aerospace could do a license agreement and it could be Boeing Brown or Airbus Blue. Or a two-tone with engine-turned panels. :speakcool:

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I cannot wait to fly this air/space/WICKED COOL craft, when is the expected release date P.S. No references to Tuesday Please (D'OH I said it!!!)

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Yeah, it'll be out, erm, tuesday;)

i've still got a fair bit of modelling and texturing work left, then i've really no idea how long doug will take coding it, it depends a lot on our other real-life commitments, anything can happen so there's no point in saying a date at this stage. We don't want to rush it to meet a deadline either and release something thats not everything it could be.
glider_wip_79.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.