Project XR2 Ravenstar - Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Even though it is WAAAY off topic, i keep seeing people that have about 15 underscores and some stuff under their posts.

Yes, it is very very off topic. This might even be the most off topic post I've ever seen here. But because I really got a good laugh out of it I am forgetting that I actualy am a moderator here and should be getting out my whip now.

That block of text is called a signature. It is automaticaly appended to every post you make. You can set your signature in your UserCP.
For more information on signatures in general read this Wikipedia article.

Tachyon

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
;) -> that sounded so much like a PSA !

.... and to pull this back to topic .. sort of ...

besides the obvious of what the XR2 is and going to be, Do you see the "views" on this thread ... that has got to be some sort of record there ! :cheers::speakcool:

Last edited:

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
;) -> that sounded so much like a PSA !

.... and to pull this back to topic .. sort of ...

besides the obvious of what the XR2 is and going to be, Do you see the "views" on this thread ... that has got to be some sort of record there ! :cheers::speakcool:

Opps, that was me...

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.....

tonykattvc

Just call me Tekwerk.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The lighting effects are "baked into the textures" in Orbiter, so the only way to have a red-illuminated cockpit is to use a second set of VC textures (selected by the config file).
Wouldn't it be possible to have a line in the XR2 preferences file that would choose the VC textures? Say, if you wanted red, you would put something like:

USEVCTEXTURE: Red

Or something?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
mspaint ? try paint.net with the dds plug in

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
I've not been around for a while, well except for a bit of lurking... but anyway, just wanted to say this is an awsome looking model, lovely bit of work so far... let's hope some of the fleet make their way to Ascension one day... if AIA can afford such finery after forking out billions on XR5s that is! ;)

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
can you select the paint and cargo with the scenario editor?

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This project looks awesome. Currently the only craft I use with a VC is the standard DG or Doug's DG. I love working VC's on craft cause really makes me feel like I am in the ship and makes the sim REALLY come alive for me

Excellent job to everyone on this project

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I've not been around for a while, well except for a bit of lurking... but anyway, just wanted to say this is an awsome looking model, lovely bit of work so far... let's hope some of the fleet make their way to Ascension one day... if AIA can afford such finery after forking out billions on XR5s that is! ;)

Tom, welcome back!!! Man, it's been awhile. :) I'm planning to ship a few XR2s to Ascension Base just directly. :beach:

can you select the paint and cargo with the scenario editor?

You can select payload in the scenario editor just like you can for the XR5. Selecting paint from the scenario editor, however, did not make it into 1.0. It may be implemented in a future release.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
ok thanks for telling me :)
offtopic:I have got some virus's :( on my computer :(

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is this a normal occurance?

Attachments

• render bug.JPG
    render bug.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 91

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Is this a normal occurance?

As a reminder to all:

dbeachy1 said:
2) If you find a problem, please retest in a clean Orbiter installation before submitting a bug report. Based on past experience, if the problem only occurs with third-party add-ons installed 99.9% of the time it is caused by a buggy third-party add-on. If you submit a bug report, please state whether the problem occurs in a clean Orbiter installation with only the XR2, OrbiterSound 3.5, and UMMu 1.5 installed.

3) Please be as specific as possible about the problem and provide detailed steps on how to reproduce it.

Additional details would be helpful. Thanks. :)

tonykattvc

Just call me Tekwerk.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is the paint kit released yet? I have the RC1 and cant stand the drab grey. I need some blue, navy blue, and white!

Oh, and look out, here comes the XR2 sucsessor!
picture.php

Nahh, just kidding!

Cheers for Phaenix and XR2:cheers::cheers::cheers::speakcool:.

the flying monkey

Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to make a truck or something similar to move the LOX and fuel containers around since there too big for a ummu to move them and maybe a tow vehicle for the XR2 so I wouldn't have to use the main engines to taxi:declare::please:

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to make a truck or something similar to move the LOX and fuel containers around since there too big for a ummu to move them and maybe a tow vehicle for the XR2 so I wouldn't have to use the main engines to taxi:declare::please:

Only if it's modeled by Coolhand! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.