Idea Yamato/Argo remake?

Reaction score
Can I request my idea for a remake of the famous space battleship Yamato (or Argo, if you prefer). I cannot provide a good idea for the cockpits, but I want it to be as accurate to Season 1 and 2 as possible and would love to see the 3D cockpit view. Additionally, I do not know how will the ship land, as it doesn't have landing platform nor a landing leg/gear. As for the maker of this Add On, though not picky, I would prefer someone who knows the series and got a considerable amount of experience at making add ons. Now for the ideas I do have are the following:

1. D key open up the flight hangar hatch at the end of the ship that allow "landing" (Flight hangar should be able to hold around two to four space shuttles (NOTE: This does not mean shuttles are to be included in the add on, this is just a size comparison), the more accurate to the series the better)

2. K key deploy wings to aid atmospheric flying

3. As realistic the model is, I would prefer if the ship does not share the "blow up effect" of the Arrow freighter as I do not want to see the famous ship blow up into million pieces.

4. Accurately located directional thrust in comparison to the series. (As in, if there is no directional nozzle pointing up, don't add one)

5. Easy on frame rate (7 fps minimum for standard computer)

6. The Wave Motion Engine can be animated in 2 preferable ways in the cockpit (animator's choice)
-Completely separate control lever for the WME from the auxiliary engine
-The WME comes on automatically as the thrust power is increased beyond 40%.

or

-The mix of the two option, where on the cockpit view shows two levers where the one lever bring the thrust power to 40% (auxiliary engine control) and a second lever further increase the thrust and start the WME animation (not recommended because lowering the aux engine lever does not effect the animation and the aux continue to glow due to one animation)

Optional:

1. Movable main turrets (4 altogether, so with independent controls, it will be seen as turret 1, turret 2, etc. on the vessel selector window)

2. Option to turn on battle alarm on cockpit view (if this option is to be considered, please add sound)

3. Stand alone add on.

4. Auto-land is nice to add, can auto-land on Earth but not Venus due to atmos. pressure (can take off from Venus though, maybe like the sluggish Delta-EX).

Please consider these ideas and I hope it will be made into production!
To Star Force!:salute:

Also, if there is any questions about the description above, feel free to comment below and I will try to reply and hopefully answer that question!

Things to remember (note that these are from memory so some may not be correct):

-All three engines (aux and WME) emit yellow/orange/white thrust (refer to video for accuracy)

-The 3rd bridge (the one on the bottom of the ship, I know it got blown up a lot, but still, it is good to see it there)

-While maneuverable, it is a large ship, so the maneuverability should match the Arrow or a bit more (preferably more maneuverable by a bit).

-Large amount of fuel (I wouldn't say unlimited, although in the show states that it is unlimited)

-Wings aid flying, so with wings retracted, the ship should have the atmosphere dynamics of the Arrow, or a flying brick (as in sufficient thrust is needed to maintain flight along with multiple flight corrections).

As for the sound clip, here is a video I found that someone can isolate the sound needed (I haven't ask the uploader's permission but since it is not his/her content, I think it should be okay) The sound I want to at least hear on the final release are the sound of wings opening and closing, and the bridge interior noise (labeled on the video as "Main Bridge") for the cockpit views, and if the alarm option is implemented - the alarm (labeled "Warning Beep).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I notice this on my post, in hope to clear a few things up: I do NOT want shuttles in the hangar bay, as it was mentioned just for size comparison. Further questions are welcome.

Update:
I have an idea for landing procedure for Yamato: since it is a ship (and sometimes a submarine) why not take off from water? To do that, make the mesh below the water line non-tangible so it "float." The problem this led to is "swimming" on land, and the tangibility of the hangar....feel free to give a reply.

Update 2: I just realized that in the 2199 version, the ship has more directional jets, so I give the developer an option to work with the older "classic" Yamato/Argo where there is less. But if they still prefer 2199 version due to realism, I am also fine with that. It is also a good reminder that the ship's directional jet is blue, unlike the main engines.:hailprobe:

Update 3: (If you haven't seen 2199, ignore this update) I have been watching 2199 for a while now, and here is a few things that don't need to be added in addition to 2199 version directional jets, (AKA things to save the developer time): The back-first catapult in the hangar (won't work anyway), the hatch used for Seagull (medic vessel) launch (hanger is enough), long afterburner trail, the Cosmos Zero catapult (the ones that fires Derek/Kodai's and Yamamoto's fighter (though if you plan to add all 2199, feel free - as I don't think the classic version was that noticeable. I don't mind if it is just superficial detail), and same with the directional jets - hover jets don't need to fit 2199's configuration. If you are planning to create this project (feel free to work in a team, if you want) and don't know the hover/directional nozzle, I will do the research and highlight the nozzle area; I will try to find both the classic and 2199 version. If you are trying to do 2199 version, superficial details of these would be good and don't have to be functional (I guess older look of launch ramp is fine as it blend in and don't stick out like the new various directional jet positions.) Thanks.

Last edited: