your funiest misconceptions about space

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Don't tell my hamsters that. They're quite the curious type.
Anyway, they could be the ideal crewmembers for a small capsule: they eat mostly dried foodstuff with some long shelf-life and require little water, and can take some gs. They're also smart enough that you could actually teach a hamsternaut to activate some rudimentary controls.
The only problem is that like all rodents, they're neophobes and don't like being introduced to new stuff all of a sudden. You would need to train your hamsternaut corps as soon as they're weaned.

sounds like a way to avoid uni work, i love it!! i could simulate 0G by throwing the hamster in its hamster ball up into a porabola, id have to catch it softly though im now sure how hamsters stand up to shock G loading. also im not sure how my sister feels about me shock loading her hamster...hmm. well he knew the risks when he signed up to the quadropetal space program......i think ive thought about this waaaaaaaaaay too much!!

Last edited:

Fulbert

Reaction score
pilotpercy
Wehrner von Braun used to "train" mice on a centrifuge made of and old bicycle wheel. Though his landlady wasn't very happy about all the mouse blood on the walls. And then he ended up senidng people to the Moon.
Your sister's hamster could've been a stepping stone to something really great, too;-)

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
haha fingers crossed, have more of a quantum physics background than an astro-physics grasp (hence the wave function picture). to be honest i much prefer newtonian physics, my brain has a mini stroke when i think about a wave function collapsing! sadly the hamster died a few years back, im applying for a monument to him to be placed next to yuri gagarin's. im sure it'll be aproved....rite?