Installation how many different installations do you have?

XLR82SPACE

Reaction score
I'm new to all of this but I figured out right away that the more you add the more cluttered things are and how it can really bog down the system and graphics card if not carefull. I new that add ons being constantly made and added I needed to seperate eveything. So thats what I did.

I downloaded a fresh clean Orbiter install and put all sound, added me some more MP3 by making a new playlist and discarding the orriginal, mfd's, all everyday stuff, things like that. After that I pulled what Countdown 84 above did and made me a back up Zip. Even did a copy and paste of it and then burnt to a disk for the drawer in case a computer crash. I'm doing "extra files" of all extra Orbiters that I come up with after that for quick adds. That way I can refer back to it if I foul something up instead of redoing it all over.

Right now I have 3
* one for Mercury / Gemini
* one for AMSO (dedicated)
* one for STS, ISS, MIR, Soyuz, Some launchers etc. (just starting work on this one)
I'd like to do maybe something 2001 Space O. or maybe Star Trek thing, something I can really get out in the cosmos with.:)

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I haven't found that it lags my system too much, but I just hate having loads of scenarios that I never use.

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I just took a few minutes to make a base install, compressed it as a rar and put it on my flash drive. This is gonna save me a lot of time.

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I just took a few minutes to make a base install, compressed it as a rar and put it on my flash drive. This is gonna save me a lot of time.

if you want to save even more space compress it as 7z

Reaction score
For the Orbiter betas, I use JSGME to manage updates. I have a base install containing Beta 090331, and in the MODS folder, I put any new betas that install on top of 090331, and just enable them in JSGME. This way, when a new beta comes out, I just disable the previous beta, delete it and install the new one like an regular addon.