News 2012 UEFA Euro Championships

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, and if Germany wins today, the quarterfinal will be Germany-Greece.

One more reason for the Greek producers of mass-hysteria to print nazi comparisons and caricatures to enforce the war against Germany.

The good thing is that we will know if we are playing against Germany or not, after the elections today.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The good thing is that we will know if we are playing against Germany or not, after the elections today.

Yeah, but then, it doesn't really matter when the game is relative to the election. :lol: There is a 65% chance that Germany will finish first, a 30% chance that Germany will finish second (A tie between Germany and Denmark) and a 5% chance that Germany will not even make it to the quarter final (Germany loses and Portugal or Netherlands win with a lot of goals)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And as usual my national team showed impressive lack of ability to play modern football.
I'm not sure why we still trying to utilize tactics from 20 years ago.

Anyway good luck for all other teams :D

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And as usual my national team showed impressive lack of ability to play modern football.
I'm not sure why we still trying to utilize tactics from 20 years ago.

Anyway good luck for all other teams :D

It is especially ironic, since Lewandowski and Kuba play in the best German champion team of the season and have both been pretty important players in the past season.

Anyway:
tumblr_m5k90krBzy1ronm2xo1_1280.png

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Problem lays not on players' side but on coach/management side.

Each coach is given ~year to create a team and this is just too shoort for the job. Team have no time to work out proper tactics and familiarize themselves with style of any other player. And after 3 or 4 defeats couach is fired.

Second issue is that Polish coaches are still in 70' - 80' in terms of style of football. We need quick and low ball exchange not long and high. We're making side raids almost to the end line instead of passing ball to the center more early, and our players cannot pass the ball "on target". We also need to move more.

We had good coach (Leo Beenhakker) but he was sacked before his effort started to pay off and next coach wasn't able to follow his vision of the team.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
I'm hoping that my Dutch side can get their acts together today, beat Portugal by 2 goals, and the Germans take care of the pesky Danes. Pretty disappointed with how Het Oranje have played this tournament.

Also, disappointed that Poland couldn't get it together to beat the Czech Republic.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Fun fact: On this 17th June, on the 17th of June Street in Berlin, 450,000 people are watching the game at the official German fan mile.

And by the sound of the German national anthem in Lviv, its a home match.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A Greece-Germany would certainly be... interesting ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah, and Poldolski just managed to not only be the youngest player to ever reach 100 caps for his country, but also score the first goal in his 100th game. Cong-rodents Lukas.

If Netherlands score one more goal, Denmark would be third now. So, could the real Christiano Ronaldo please stand up?

DAMN... 1:1

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
1:2 : Germany against Greece is now final.

Denmark was the expected tougher opponent, but we managed to be one tiny percent better in the end ... and apologies for Lars Bender, he did only play 16 minutes in this season as right full back, he didn't know that he should not be that offensive. Luckily. :lol:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I've just read results of elections..my condolences for greece people :(

Eventhough this Euro 2012 has a "political" colour to it, due to the eurozone crisis, let's keep politics out of it and enjoy the games. For comments on the Greek elections, one can always start a new thread on a different area of this forum.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Eventhough this Euro 2012 has a "political" colour to it, due to the eurozone crisis, let's keep politics out of it and enjoy the games. For comments on the Greek elections, one can always start a new thread on a different area of this forum.

Why? 90% of the election results can be explained by the fact that the voters failed to find Gekas on the ballot. :lol:

sitha241

Reaction score
Oh I am sorry, I forgot that politics are not allowed..and sorry if I offended you..If you want you can start a new thread cause I would like to know how things are going on there form person who lives there, not from corporate-lying establishment and their media.. :)

FADEC

Reaction score
Since Greece already lost the Euro game I hope they win the soccer game at least. Just for their mood.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Oh I am sorry, I forgot that politics are not allowed..and sorry if I offended you..If you want you can start a new thread cause I would like to know how things are going on there form person who lives there, not from corporate-lying establishment and their media.. :)

I like to have other people's input and I am not offended at all. I also want to make some remarks on the outcome of these elections, but I don't think that this thread is the place do make them.

Since Greece already lost the Euro game I hope they win the soccer game at least. Just for their mood.

True. Watching a game -in which the players are mostly uneducated millionares that don't care about Euro-policies- really takes your mind out of it.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Nice game by Portugal, played as a team and that allowed Ronaldo to shine! :cheers:
And Holland played well, tried to score untill the end, very good opponent :tiphat:!

I must say I didn't expect such good games from my team, so we are definitely improving! Looking forward for the next game!

sitha241

Reaction score
Since it is yours country you should start the thread if you want it :tiphat: