News 2012 UEFA Euro Championships

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now we only need to get past Italy to have our chance for revenge. Only.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Balotelli's second goal celebration reminds me of a superpsaiyan:

GokuSuperSaiyanVsCooler.png

:blink:

Last edited:

Mister Kite

&#%!@?!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It would have been so great if the german keeper had scored that last minute.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I thought it odd that the ref didn't let the last attack take its course before finishing the game. That's almost traditional.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I thought it odd that the ref didn't let the last attack take its course before finishing the game. That's almost traditional.

Time was already up and they had been not directly attacking, but the extra minute for a penalty during extra-time was refused, that was more annoying.

The italians deserved the win. Not for playing especially good, this wasn't really an Italian gala. But such a huge number of German errors had to be punished. It was abyssmal and a victory of Germany would have been more luck than skill that way.

The team that the coach selected was poor and the players decided to play even worse. Gomez as attacker against Italy? Too slow too static and he decided to play even more slow and static. Klose would have been the better choice. Podolski? Reus from the start would have been better.

Much worse was IMHO taking Schweinsteiger into the tournament. He never played good, was always too slow and unconcentrated, likely the effects of his previous long injury. There would have been many better choices.

Özil was burned out in Spain. He played often good, but never as good as in 2010 and you knew quickly why.

Both goals by Italy came from at least two German errors in a row: First Özil did not keep the pressure in Pirlo, then Hummels did turn in the wrong direction and opened a gap, then Badstuber was dreaming of the final instead of going against the ball. The second goal, Lahm was too far behind and prevented offside, but the real error was done already before the pass, by not counterattacking after loosing the ball. Balotelli had always easy chances and used them, it was almost like training for him.

Still, I think Spain will win on sunday. Spain will not do such stupid errors.

And, IMHO and I know many German football fans will burn me for it: Löw would now have to leave. It was a good statistic so far, we had been constantly in the semifinals, but we had never been successful, always by individual errors of players defended by Löw for their constantly poor performances.

Löw said Schweinsteiger was important, he was right: Schweinsteiger made Italy win. The center of the German midfield where he was supposed to be was a vacuum.

Löw said he hopes that Özil will explode soon. I am sure he still hopes. But Özil wasn't fit enough for being a messias for a poor German team.

Müller had a poor season and was still chosen. He kept on playing bad.

Gomez had never worked in the German national team, because he had to play against better defenses there. Still he was chosen.

Podolski - what can you not criticize about him? He became better in the defense, but is offense was as poor as it was in Cologne - and Cologne dropped out of the first league this year.

All German commenters happily celebrated the lucky decisions of Löw and how good the German team is and how good it is to have proper substitutes as well. Nobody really cared to look at the reality: All had been equally poor, not equally bad. Löw trust his buddies and his buddies had been tired. Only Khedira was playing better than in 2010.

I think it is time for a new trainer, who keeps on following Löws tactical concepts, but who is also capable of selecting players by performance and not by name. For failing like against Italy, you could also have given Helmes a chance - compared to Gomez a much better attacker, though of the same kind (unlike Klose who runs and fights more)

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Forza Azzurri!

Germany is a good team with a lot of young players but for the fourth time italy did it.. i have to say that germans are always sure to win against italy and this is the reason why the match ends with our victory.. a lack of modesty..

Mister Kite

&#%!@?!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
No routing anymore.
May the best team win. :cheers:

-------------------------------

Where the *bleep* was that *bleep*ing keeper?

Can't he just lay in the goal?, injured and all.
I mean, better than nothing.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Am I the only one watching this? :lol:

Last edited:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
No routing anymore.
May the best team win. :cheers:

Where the *bleep* was that *bleep*ing keeper?

Can't he just lay in the goal?, injured and all.
I mean, better than nothing.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Am I the only one watching this? :lol:

Nope, but I don't know what to say with Spain easily ahead with a moderate performance.... Italy is just.... out-classed.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Torres is the top goalscorer of the tournament! Should have made a bet on that one in January...

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And the match is over. Congratulations for Spanish team.

Final result: Spain 4:0 Italy

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Looks like Italy got steamrolled by Spain...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yup. Congrats Spain for that clean victory !

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Congratulations Spain! Viva Espana!

Too bad Germany failed to play like that with Italy. :(

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Spain managed to use almost every opportunity available, any time one of those attackers got through without defenders, it was a sure goal. Italy however, got intercepted almost every time they do a long pass, and whenever Spain got to counter, they can keep the ball as long as possible, with Italy's defence lagging behind the 4 attackers, and most of the time, only 3 Italians got to defend those 4 in the event of the attack, while Ballotelli is marked by 3 Spanish at least.

What I don't get is how the Italian defenders can't seem to get a grip to their balls, it was being stolen by the attackers multiple times. I am in the understanding that a defender should be able to hold on to the ball like a dog biting a tennis ball. This makes the match going on mostly on the Italian half of the field, and I am in the opinion that this is the biggest blunder of the Italian team this time.

at the second half I just got bored and hit the bed, nothing more to watch, I was expecting a 3-0 for the very least, and woke up to a 4-0 score.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Spain is a great team. They deserved the cup. However many of italy's players was not on top of condition and our coach made a mistake choosing Chiellini and De Rossi. They was injured before the beginning of the match. The result is too heavy for us.
Thank you Italy team for driving us to the final. I think in our country no one bet on this second place at the beginning.
And congratulations to Spain. They play the best football I had ever seen!
:hailprobe: