2D Panel Operating at 1FPS... Help!

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
All of a sudden, I find that my 2D panel views have the "slows". My display behaves normally in 3D view and in Orbiter normal no-panel views. In 2D it jerks from frame to frame. This happens in the stock Delta gliders and NASSP - apparently any ship with a 2D panel.

Has anyone else experienced this? I did a virus scan, disk cleanup, defragment and reinstalled the latest DirectX, all to no effect. Also did a fresh install of Orbiter.

Edit:
Updating display drivers helped a bit, still running at 2fps in 2d panel view

My system is a Dell, running WindowsXP Home Edition: Pentium 4 2.4GHz; 1.25GB RAM; 64MB GeForce4MX graphics card.

tomek

legal alien
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I remember someone complaining about similar issue on M6 board. I barely recall what was the cause, though. I think it was related to video card drivers, and was also a problem with nVidia card.

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Success! After a half-hour searching the M6 "archive" I found a post by JawsII describing (and eventually solving) my exact problem. Simply change the settings on the nVidia graphics card, turning OFF antialiasing and antistropic filtering.

Thanks for the lead, tomek!

BTW the only thing clunkier than the M6 search function, is the search on this site! I tried searching for 2d panel view here and got an error message informing me that my search for (2d) did not contain required minimum of three words! Umm... 1st-2d 2nd-panel 3rd-view. What the F?

Tomek, I would pit your memory against web search memory any day. Thanks again.

EDIT:
So as not to be misunderstood, I think this site is great and I appreciate all the energy and work that went into its creation and maintenance. Nothing is perfect, and if the serch function is a bit disfunctional, well, so what?

Last edited: