5 years on Orbiter, first day on the forum

LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Well in fact, it is actually not completely true, as I spent theses 5 years on Dan's french forum.

By the way, HELLO ! :lol:

I am MaxOrbiter (yeah my account say MaxOrbite), a Canadian Orbinaut that like sim-racing a lot (actually racing in Waga Racing League and MRTI). Like I said, I am not new on Orbiter, I think that in December, I will start my 6th year in the Orbiter "world". Recently, I realised that I should go on this forum ! Especially since I quit for once and for all the "I am so bad in English" part of my life, and that I want to talk more of Orbiter and make Orbinauts English(-speaker) friends !

So, what is my "experience" on Orbiter ? Well I could say 2 years of doing sh** (not taking the game seriously, OK I WAS 12-13 years old ! :rofl:), one year of almost not doing flights on the game, playing more games like F1 ones, rFactor and Minecraft (yeah remember what I said, I was like 14yo) and two years of starting actually trying to be good and travel in space !

I think my biggest achivement to date is when I traveled to Jupiter with a DGIV, without using TransX or IMFD, but just the basic transfer mfd. I dont remember how my crew survived. Maybe I was in maximum DGIV perf, with some fuel and oxygen cargos, idk.

On this day, I still did not learned to travel to others planets with previously mentioned mfds.

On theses 5 years, I did addons and mods ! I think the "strangest" thing I did was the Agence Spatiale Francophone d'Orbiter (ASFO) skins for the DGIV. I made ... 4 versions of it, and I am making the 5th one. Not beliving me ? Just check on my Pappy's Hangar list, you will see. ! :)
http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page=addons&author=Maxorbiter

And I did some videos on the sim. Like Tex, because he made me discover Orbiter. The best one was my last one. Of course they are not as good as the ones from the guy I said his name, but I like them ! (And last one, "Jupiter Slingshot", is clearly inspired by 2001).
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-9VdUlZsW4&index=1&list=PLFxzQEMeQHIOCQLGL0S5fc2WB2CY_c9xF"]Orbiter Film - Jupiter Slingshot - YouTube[/ame]

Because yes, Tex films made me play Orbiter, and I quickly realised that, in fact, it was not a space shooter ! Ok I did not expected lasers like StarWars or Guardians of the Galaxy (even if the movie was not out at the time) but I did not tough it was that hard !

Do I have anything left to say ? I dont think so. Well, I hope you will accept me in this community, even if I was part of it for five years. :cheers:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him