Request A DGIV-2 skin for my fictional corporation

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Since I knew the font, I thought I'd replicate dgatsoulis' logo. And it grew on me!
It seemed lacking tension, so I extended the Y and cutoff the sides of the A to make it more DG-shaped:
attachment.php

Secondary font is Gunship, similar feel as Borg-9 but more readable. I added an 8-pixel outline too, but it looks OK without. Here is a transparent PNG:
attachment.php

I found a good way to incorporate it into Wideawake, but hold on for pics of that.
:cheers:

Attachments

• bysa02s.png
    bysa02s.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 54
  • bysa02t.png
    bysa02t.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 53

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OK what the heck. I just lost half of the Wideawake sign. Yes, only HALF of it. Somehow Photoshop saved the left half and not the right half, and I didn't get a chance to save the .psd. So now I have half a .dds.
Hold on, I'll get back to that. Right now, I must assist comrade Bj and the collective!
:salute:

joey1405

Backyard Space Agency Chairman
Reaction score
I've already created a free website, but its just been sitting there for months, because I had no real initiative until now. So... Its already kinda finished!

As for the DGIV-2 Skin, it looks great! All I think it could use is a little more decals, such as the name on the cargo bay doors/radiator doors/cockpit roof. It just seems a little bland to me.

As for the logos, although you worked hard on those logos, I liked the original batch better. >.< Maybe I could use those logos for localized missions, such as that would be the logo for all flights around Mars or Jupiter.

But seriously, take your time, you guys seemed to work a lot in a few days, and I'm in no hurry.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Actually, I happen to be close with a professional (as in, makes money) logo designer...she liked the original ones too. >.<
If you can wait, say, a week, I'll have time to get it perfect...although, it might take longer with OFMM going on...
As for the most recent logo, you could keep that as an Arrow-age sci-fi logo, and use another one as your near future logo. Nothing wasted! :)

joey1405

Backyard Space Agency Chairman
Reaction score
Actually, I happen to be close with a professional (as in, makes money) logo designer...she liked the original ones too. >.<
If you can wait, say, a week, I'll have time to get it perfect...although, it might take longer with OFMM going on...
As for the most recent logo, you could keep that as an Arrow-age sci-fi logo, and use another one as your near future logo. Nothing wasted! :)

I don't need it in a week, take all the time you need to get it perfect. :thumbup: Yes, it will be used for futuristic vehicles when I get it to work.