A quick update from Tex (It's been far too long!)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well! :hello:

It's been quite some time since I've done anything Orbiter. I'm very happy to see the community still thriving and everyone enjoying Martin's creation, along with all of the wonderful addons produced from so many great people!

I'm sorry I haven't been involved with the community much at all. I miss posting and reading everyone's posts. I'm sure most of the long time regulars know I've been riding my bike a lot and racing, which has occupied a lot of my time. Well, in addition to that I'm getting married this year! It's funny that we actually met on a bike ride, so she's into cycling as well, but she mainly runs right now. In fact she qualified for the Boston marathon this year, so we'll be heading up there in April. I've posted to my blog today with some recent updates and news thus far if you're interested in seeing it:

http://blakesenduranceblog.com/2014/02/26/the-allure-of-racing/

I have been thinking about playing a little Orbiter soon. I haven't even installed it since upgrading my operating system. I know, the probe would be most displeased. :lol: I also would like to eventually get around to finishing the set of Orbiter video tutorials I started. Part 1 got great reviews, so I look forward to some day adding to it.

At any rate, I just wanted to say hello to all of you and let you know that I'm still around. Finally I'd like to thank all of the staff members for their hard work keeping the forum operating smoothly! :cheers:

:hailprobe:

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Hey Tex! It's great to hear from you, bud! You are missed around here.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, that's awesome news!

It would be great to see more vids, tutorial or otherwise. I quite enjoyed your tutorials. Now would be a good time to get back into Orbiter; don't know if you're aware, but the next version is supposed to have....terrain!

In any event, it's good to hear you're doing well. And please try to make yourself less of a stranger; yours is an honored place here.

And, of course, The Probe be with you.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
keep-calm-and-be-welcome-back.png

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Hi Tex,

these are big news - congratulations! :tiphat:

It's good to see you again the forum. As you can see, it's still running smoothly - the mods and admins are doing a great job!

I hope you'll find time get into Orbiter again, it would be nice to get some more of your superb videos and tutorials. Sounds like you'll be pretty busy the next couple of months, though! ;)

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi Tex! Good to see you again! Congrats on the wedding, perhaps you can have a Probe-themed reception. :D

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Congrats on your big event coming up. It would have really been strange, if you met on O-F. :rofl:
Boston is near my 'neck of the woods'. Good luck to your lady friend, in the marathon.

BTW, Your tut is great.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Congratulations Tex! Great to hear from you!

MattBaker

Reaction score
Congratulations, I hope you have a great time and might even find time for Orbiter again.

I also had to think about you when this guy:
1379206641000-AP-Spain-Vuelta-Cycling-002.jpg

won the Vuelta and I was like "Americans that are 40+ can win Grand Tours? So Tex still has a couple of years.":lol:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I'm sorry I haven't been involved with the community much at all. (...) Well, in addition to that I'm getting married this year! It's funny that we actually met on a bike ride, so she's into cycling as well, but she mainly runs right now.
Sure! I also didn't meet my wife on Orbiter-Forum :lol:
I also would like to eventually get around to finishing the set of Orbiter video tutorials I started.
Hah! Good luck with that now!

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Congratulations on all the events going on in your life, Tex. It is good to see you back here on the forums! Enjoy the riding and by all means enjoy some more Orbiter.