Flight Question Activating XPDR cargo arrow autoland

T1234

Reaction score
I put an UCGO XPDR transmitter on the base I wanted to land on with scn editor,then put the number in nav1 in com/nav then launched the autoland and XPDR not valid warning sounded.How dous one activate the cargo or dous autoland only work with the deorbit probe?. Cannot find it in manual.

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
Check this out: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/downloadround/tempucgo/Bin/Bin/ArrowHtmlDocumentation.html#content2

"Autoland autopilot:
Landing such heavy ship can be tricky for newbies and no one in reality would land it manually.
The autoland pilot can deorbit and land you safely and smoothly, given you take care to launch
it properly;

1-Autoland need a XPDR or VOR frequency with a range of 1500km and will land right on the transmitter.
2-UMMU or cars can emit XPDR but there is a special balise cargo that you can deploy. Sending
a litle reco ship deploying this balise before landing would be a realistic procedure. (DGIV for example)
3-Arrange your orbit so it pass right over the balise beetween 10 and 25km high.
4-Launch the autoland pilot about 1000km before arriving to the balise."

T1234

Reaction score
I have used autoland with the balise cargo before but what are the XPDR cargo boxes for if they do not emmit a signal?