Reaction score

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Flying out of Bangkok too. Mmhmm.

FADEC

Reaction score
A disconnected auto pilot during cruise isn't necessarily something very special. Some pilots even might do it when you are in the cockpit as a visitor, to show you how smoothly and easily the airplane can be handled manually at high speed and high altitude.

But even if it happens unintentional, it doesn't mean that safety was a concern. If the attitude/roll/speed/vertical speed changes, it will be recognised by the pilots, unless nobody is in the cockpit, which is more than an unlikely scenario. Not to mention that a disconnection of the auto pilot will be recognised in any case, since one can't fail to hear it.

Also, I consider the allegation, that the cockpit was unoccupied for 40 minutes, pure nonsense.

So, what did happen due to auto pilot disconnection? Obviously nothing. After all this seems to be a silly season news release, making an elephant out of a minor incident.

My guess: although not appropriate, the cockpit crew obviously had fun with the cabin crew in the cockpit. I doubt that safety was a concern at any point in time. Air India is a big airline, operating a modern fleet. And they didn't record more losses than some other big airlines in history. So for now I don't buy this news.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
You might not buy the news, but would you buy their tickets?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Also, I consider the allegation, that the cockpit was unoccupied for 40 minutes, pure nonsense.

I would not exclude this as impossible. Air India has had some serious issues with the professionality of their pilots in the past year. Letting the autopilot fly uncontrolled is something I could attribute to them.

FADEC

Reaction score
You might not buy the news, but would you buy their tickets?

N.

Of course.

Why not? Because a news article reports that there was a disconnected auto pilot?

Even the fact that American Airlines lists three times as much fatalities as Air India (and that in a shorter period of time) wouldn't stop me from buying tickets of either airline.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I would not exclude this as impossible. Air India has had some serious issues with the professionality of their pilots in the past year. Letting the autopilot fly uncontrolled is something I could attribute to them.

You'll always find strange/bored pilots. Even in the US...

:lol: