News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
Here is him:
http://en.akinator.com/

Akinator will ask you questions and guess the character you have in mind. It may be a fictionary or a real character. You won't believe how addictive this activity is until you try to beat him (which is really not much easier than to beat a real person!)

The only requirement for you is to answer the questions honestly, or you'll take his place inside the lamp! (see the background story). :tiphat:

Akinator is available in English, French, German, Hebrew, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Russian.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Doesn't work too well with Firefox here, also he guesses to quick. I thought of Ernst Stuhlinger, and he answered Wernher von Braun.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
Doesn't work too well with Firefox here, also he guesses to quick. I thought of Ernst Stuhlinger, and he answered Wernher von Braun.

He takes three guessing attempts. If he fails all the three, he will surrender and ask you for input of the character. Also, he works better with more popular characters, but so people do as well. If I'd had in mind my half-cousin, I doubt anybody would guess him.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
He takes three guessing attempts. If he fails all the three, he will surrender and ask you for input of the character. Also, he works better with more popular characters, but so people do as well. If I'd had in mind my half-cousin, I doubt anybody would guess him.

I'd say Stuhlinger as father of the first practical electrical rocket engines is a different house number.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow. This is quite impressive and addictive. :p

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
It learns from user input. I'd guess not many go with Stuhlinger and Braun ...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Did you try to play in German or in English? I believe it keeps a separate semantic network for each language.

English...why should I speak German?

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
He failed at Patrick Henry (Revolution era Politician, "Give me liberty or give me death"). At least Patrick Henry was in the database.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Pretty impressive. It got 4 out of the 5 characters that I was thinking of (although it took a while to guess that I was thinking of Wikus from District 9 on the third one).

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
LOL... the first character I searched for was Wikus. :p

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
He guessed Millard Fillmore correctly. The only POTUS to have 4 of the same letter in his name

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Has your character dicovered anything?
I guess this means "discovered", although at first I read "divorced", which left me a bit puzzled (this cropped up when the target was Ludwig Wittgenstein, which aktinator found without much problems). Apparently one of the most distinguishing features for scientists and philosophers is whether they have a moustache. And he usually asks about "funny hair", just to make sure it's not Einstein again :p.

Edit: I wonder how often you would have to insist on a wrong answer before he starts believing it ...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
He also fails on Professor Dr. Ulrich Gabler... Lets leave the field of science and select arts...

Interesting: He gets some input from Heavy Metal Fans it seems... Lordi and Udo Dirkschneider are known. xD

Last edited:

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
I've introduced Akinator to the almighty :probe:. He guessed planet Earth (sheesh!) He seemed somewhat suspicious when I insisted that my character really exists (he asked twice :lol:)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I've introduced Akinator to the almighty :probe:. He guessed planet Earth (sheesh!) He seemed somewhat suspicious when I insisted that my character really exists (he asked twice :lol:)

I played with the same character now three times, and he still failed guessing Ferdinand Piech. Maybe I should answer "Yes", when asked if he is bad.