Project AMSO Apollo 12 Soundpack

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Update on Progress (Yes, I'm still working on this whenever I feel like it).

The post-TEI TV transmission has been completed. For anyone who's curious, the soundpack is currently 282 mb in size and contains around 5 hours of audio.

Things left to do:

Trans-Earth MCC burn

On board TV press conference

SM Sep, CM entry, and CM recovery

EVA-2 Depress

Post EVA-2 debrief

Once I finish with the audio portion I'll throw together documentation and package the final product for distribution.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I'm currently working on the televised press conference from Yankee Clipper. I forgot that there was another MCC burn that was made just prior or SM Sep, however I do have the audio for that so I will be including it. I plan on finishing this thing within the next week or two, I want it done. I also want Apollo 14 done by this summer, I'm not going to procrastinate on these anymore.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
TV Q&A Transmission is complete. Next on the list is the final MCC burn.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

The final MCC burn is done, I also included some observations of the Earth eclipsing the Sun.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Keep doing your project!

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850M using Tapatalk

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I went back to some audio that I’d completed but hadn’t gotten around to compressing. These audio files consisted of Dick Gordon locating Intrepid and Surveyor III in the CSM sextant, and the post-EVA 1 debriefing. The pack now stands at 700 audio files with a combined running time of 6 and a half hours.

Next on the agenda is the depressurization for EVA-2 and the post-EVA 2 debriefing.

As for SM-Sep and entry, I’ll save those for last. I’m thinking about including all of the audio between the jettison of the Service Module and splashdown. It would be a nice way to round things out, as I included nearly every bit of audio from launch up to extraction of the LM from the S-IVB.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
The prep and depressurization for EVA-2 is complete. Next is the debriefing post-EVA-2 and the spacecraft recovery in the Pacific.

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

The EVA-2 debriefing has been completed. We are finally on the homestretch, SM Sep, entry, and splashdown.

---------- Post added 03-15-19 at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-14-19 at 06:08 AM ----------

It's done, expect a release any time now.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

For whatever reason, I can't get the zip file uploaded to Orbit Hangar, I managed to get it up to 17% before the upload failed. I get an error of, "Site cannot be reached, the connection was reset." I'll try again tomorrow, if it fails again I'll probably look into uploading it to a separate site and uploading a link to the Orbit Hangar.

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

It seem that 350mb is...uh...too big? Well, Dropbox to the rescue, expect a link to be uploaded to the Orbit Hangar very soon.

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Still having issues, it says that the file was unable to be retrieved. I will get this add-on up as soon as I can figure out a solution.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

I finally managed to submit a download link to the Orbit Hangar. You can see it here: [ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7248"]Apollo 12 Soundpack (AMSO)[/ame]

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Cool add-on but what about the scenario files?

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
About scenario, add that as a separate add-on!
I know, your add-ons' size always goes over 100 MB!

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
After a brief sanity break I've decided to make a shorter edit of this soundpack so it can actually fit on the Orbit Hangar. This edit will exist alongside my Director's Cut and will be available for those who want to do a little more flying than sitting around listening to audio. The new edit stands around 230 mb (on my hard drive) as opposed to the 354 mb of the zip file for the Director's Cut.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I've tried a couple times over the past few days and it seems that ~230mb is still too big. I'm currently weighing my options.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

The compressed zip file is 214mb. I guess I could shave a little more of the audio off if I really needed to.

---------- Post added 07-30-19 at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-29-19 at 11:40 PM ----------

Down to 196mb compressed, trying again.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

No joy, I'll try to reach out to the site admin.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I just got some helpful compression tips from mode1bravo, so that will be what I'll attempt to do here.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

The short version is now a 75mb zip file, the long version is a 130mb zip file. Unfortunately, I’m told that the Orbit Hangar is currently a hot mess, so Google Drive or Dropbox is going to be my best bet.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I uploaded the improved files to my dropbox and posted links to them on the Orbit Hangar. You can find them at these links:

[ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7267"]Just a moment...[/ame]

[ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7268"]Just a moment...[/ame]

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Update 5/6/2021

I unlisted the upload from March 2019 and updated the August 1, 2019 uploads to have an actual file you can download from the Orbit Hangar and not a link to the file on my Dropbox.