Project AMSO Apollo 12 Soundpack

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Hey, I know I'm working on the 14 soundpack, but I really want to do Apollo 12. I decided that I would do it on a prompt from odysseus72. The H missions are my forte, and I love Apollo 12.

ParaG

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Would you like anymore...prompts?
I have a really nice one...it goes something like..." PLEASE DO THIS..we, (meaning all who use and enjoy AMSO), will love you for it!" :bighug:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Would you like anymore...prompts?
I have a really nice one...it goes something like..." PLEASE DO THIS..we, (meaning all who use and enjoy AMSO), will love you for it!" :bighug:

Oh wow, thank you for your support. I kinda jumped the gun and made the thread before someone said it was okay to, so I feel a little guilty. I have about 3 years worth of audio and video editing skills that I constantly put to the test.

A minor note though before I hop over to the Apollo 14 Soundpack thread, your signature has a minor flaw. Charlie Duke was the Lunar Module "Pilot" on Apollo 16, John Young was the Commander.

ParaG

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
A minor note though before I hop over to the Apollo 14 Soundpack thread, your signature has a minor flaw. Charlie Duke was the Lunar Module "Pilot" on Apollo 16, John Young was the Commander.

YES..you are absolutely right!....correction made.

I hope it was just a typo...
and i'm really not loosing what's left of my mind! :facepalm:

Last edited:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I'll take my computer to school with me on friday and use their super fast internet to download some audio to get me started on Apollo 12.

ParaG

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I know you'll do a fine job on this...thanks for the update :thumbup:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Just noticed this. That's great! Apollo 12 my favorite. :)

I have the first audio file which is the countdown starting at T-8 hours (dead air has been edited out) and lasting through the first hour or so of the flight. Every night on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I'll be staying up late to download the files. I'm going to do Apollo 14 up till DOI and then I'm going to shift focus to Apollo 12. I'll switch focus back and forth between the two until they are both completed.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
It's a good thing I finished re-flying Apollo 12 before the government shut down. I have all the save files from 12 and 14 and work is continuing on the soundpacks.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It's a good thing I finished re-flying Apollo 12 before the government shut down. I have all the save files from 12 and 14 and work is continuing on the soundpacks.
Good to hear that.
By the way: If you have the need for anything you couldn't download:
I bought some of the "spacecraft films" Apollo-DVDs, including "Apollo 12".
It includes lots of audio-transmissions and/or recordings from the flight.
Only drawback is that there is no time-stamp information (MET or something like that) :(
Anyway, if you need something I can take a look.

Keep up the great work,
Kuddel

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Good to hear that.
By the way: If you have the need for anything you couldn't download:
I bought some of the "spacecraft films" Apollo-DVDs, including "Apollo 12".
It includes lots of audio-transmissions and/or recordings from the flight.
Only drawback is that there is no time-stamp information (MET or something like that) :(
Anyway, if you need something I can take a look.

Keep up the great work,
Kuddel

I actually own their Apollo 12 set and I love it. I also own the Apollo 14 set and the Project Gemini set. I've recently ordered the Apollo 16 set. Some of the others I rent on Netflix, The Mighty Saturns series and Apollos 7, 8, 10, 11, and 15.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I actually own their Apollo 12 set and I love it. I also own the Apollo 14 set and the Project Gemini set. I've recently ordered the Apollo 16 set. Some of the others I rent on Netflix, The Mighty Saturns series and Apollos 7, 8, 10, 11, and 15.
Nice!
To sum up my set of "Spacecraft Films" DVDs:
- The Mighty Saturns (Saturn I and IB)
- The Mighty Saturns (Saturn V)
- Project Gemini
- Apollo 1
- Apollo 7
- Apollo 8
- Apollo 9
- Apollo 11
- Apollo 12
- Apollo 13
- Apollo 16

The price of them is pretty varying, so I use to look now and then to see if one dropped to a price I'm willing to pay ;)
Never heard of "Netflix", but I will check that, too.

/Kuddel

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

"Netflix is not available in your country" :(
Anyway, thanks for the hint!

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Hey, I'm back. The Apollo 14 soundpack is coming along nicely. I feel bad about making you all wait so long for me to release these. I took forever on the 17 pack and I'm taking forever on the 14 pack. This one will be released differently. I plan on releasing this pack in segments like Mode1Bravo did with his 13 pack. I hope to release it faster that way so that you don't have to wait on me to get on with it. Apollo 14 sounds really good already and I'm tempted to release it in segments as well.

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Hey, I'm back. The Apollo 14 soundpack is coming along nicely. I feel bad about making you all wait so long for me to release these. I took forever on the 17 pack and I'm taking forever on the 14 pack. This one will be released differently. I plan on releasing this pack in segments like Mode1Bravo did with his 13 pack. I hope to release it faster that way so that you don't have to wait on me to get on with it. Apollo 14 sounds really good already and I'm tempted to release it in segments as well.

Looking forward to it either way! As far as taking "forever" on 17, it was worth it as you did a beautiful job. :thumbup: With 14 it'll be nice to hear more of Roosa's voice, since his is kind of rare on the other mission tapes. Would have finished 16 ages ago myself, but still waiting on audio past post TEI to be uploaded to archive, unless I missed it in there somewhere.

Last edited:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I just broke ground on this soundpack. I did the pre-countdown, countdown, and most of the Saturn V's climb into Earth orbit. I edited in some segments of the onboard voice recorder during the lightning strike and some segments after that where Pete Conrad is giggling and laughing his way into orbit. I found that the PAO officer in Houston replayed an edited version of the launch during one of the LOS periods. It's a clean feed that's free of the PAO's interruptions of the astronauts and it has the dead air edited out of it. I'm already having a lot of fun with this. As for the 14 pack, it will have 1 or 2 more parts before it's finished.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Long overdue update (sorry).

I've done most of the Earth orbit phase and I've done Intrepid's launch into lunar orbit from the Ocean of Storms.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I've done the earth orbit phase all the way through the TLI burn. I'll be working on TP&D next. Then I might try working on the lunar landing audio before making the first release. I've already done the launch into lunar orbit after the second EVA.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Spring Break - Work will resume

Hey everyone! School has been rough but I'm on Spring Break now and I hope to get back into the swing of things. I have a folder full of audio that needs to be compressed and there's a lot of editing and play testing to do but, once I get into the rhythm, it's hard to stop.