K_Jameson

Reaction score
Here some images:

nep_ja10.jpg

rendez10.jpg

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
wait... looks like introducing a REAL heavy launcher to the antares - where is his gonna go? - Mars?...

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
wait... looks like introducing a REAL heavy launcher to the antares - where is his gonna go? - Mars?...

so what if he is? sounds like a mighty fine challenge when you have lunar-level O2 consumption

K_Jameson

Reaction score

The Jarvis-M (the rocket in the background in the first image) isn't a new launcher. The only modification is the improvement of the third stage RCS system, that now can support rotation and translation maneuvres (necessary for the rendez-vous and docking with the hab module).
:tiphat:

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Would it be possible to take it to Mars? Or would the trip be too long on the Antares capsule, meaning not enough oxygen?

For me, the problem is the habitable space for the crew during the long, long trip. With the hab module, the Antares has good space only for a reduced crew of two astronauts. The Venus swing-by can be figured as a "test flight", Apollo 8 style... but, for Mars, a more complex scenario, with more astronauts (and obviously with the ability of landing on the surface) will be necessary.

But, prior to Mars, the next objective is... back to the Moon! :thumbup:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Makes sense. No point in going to Mars and not bring along the capacity to land.

So I take it then you also plan on building a lunar lander for Antares? Very cool.

"We choose to do this and the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

Look forward to it.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
So I take it then you also plan on building a lunar lander for Antares? Very cool.

Yes, an habitative lander for 4/6 astronauts, for a lunar polar landing.
Now, we are only on "conceptual sketch" phase... it's a long way to go!

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Still works for me,

Using the DG-IV to land on the moon doesn't feel the same as touching down with a lander.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
That would be a bad moment for an MCC...

Great work guys, looking forward to it :thumbup:

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Latest news:
An RCS boost option activated. Now user can select between 4 increasing RCS power options. This is useful when, for example, an habitation module is docked with Antares.
We add the possibility to invert the RCS for many uses!

Soon more news

Mantis

Reaction score
Absolutely incredible! The level of detail in the spacecraft and the hab module is phenominal. I have been a long time fan of the earlier Antares spacecraft as well as your launchers such as the Neptune and I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
I wish my room looked like that Hab module....

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
if version final tests and documentation integration will be fine, we hope to release it in the second half of february.