Project Apollo Collaborative (Vessel Builder + Multistage)

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Good luck @1987VCRProductions for your Multistage Saturns for Orbiter 2016. I am very interested to test several variants of Saturn rockets in Orbiter 2016. Until then, I am testing the Apollo 7 launch using ApolloCol and NASSP, which is the only crewed Apollo mission did not launch from the KSC. All other crewed Apollo missions (Apollo 8–12; Skylab 2–4 and ASTP) took off from the KSC.
When I have tried to do the above, I have ended up on creating an extension add-on for AMSO-2016, which is available at here.

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
It looks like you are trying to continue the original development of ApolloCol, something that @4throck has abandoned in favour of a Saturn IB add-on for AMSO-2016 in January 2020. See this comment. I don't wish to restart the original development as the size of NASSP+AAPO+VB+MS2015 (the original required add-ons for ApolloCol) is bigger than NASSP+AMSO+MS2015 (the current required add-ons for ApolloCol), plus being inspired by the following comic:
standards.png

No need to test this add-on as its development is abandoned, as I said before.

Not developing or trying to continue the original development of anything, was just addressing the problem that DDsang1352 asked for me to fix with that particular file, which was a simple one.

Reaction score
Can somebody try to make the NASSP SM work with the AMSO CM? I've tried before, but it didn't work.
To add on to this, does anybody know how to change the Project Apollo Saturn IB tank texture from black to white? Here's a photo below and a zip file to the texture. Ignore everything else from the area I boxed in blue, focus on the black part.

Screenshot (231)_LI.jpg

Attachments

• Saturn IB Tank.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 8

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
To add on to this, does anybody know how to change the Project Apollo Saturn IB tank texture from black to white? Here's a photo below and a zip file to the texture. Ignore everything else from the area I boxed in blue, focus on the black part.

View attachment 25532
You will require paint.net to do this (click here to download). IDK why do you wanna change the colour to white. It looks ridiculous to me when I changed the colour. It doesn't make Saturn IB more realistic.
CurrentState4.PNG
Compare that to the actual image of Saturn IB, which used black colour instead (credit: NASA).
Apollo_7_Launch_-_GPN-2000-001171.jpg

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
It was not related to ASTP (or Skylab). I think there are photos from 1967 or 68 with S-IB-206, and later stages, with white tanks, probably for thermal reasons.

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
The Saturn 1Bs used in Skylab missions are labeled 206 to 209 (with 209 left unused as it was planned for the Skylab Rescue contingency mission)