Request Artemis landers

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Regarding the missing reflection of the ship:
Did you turn on "Full Scene" in D3D9Clients Reflections and Custom camera settings?
D3D9-Reflections.png

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Rebuilt the Alpaca interior. Thanks to @Max-Q got the mfd to work. Now to add crew meshes. I am going to redo the eva guys. I added 2 folding seats and Galley

Attachments

• ALPACAINTERIOR7.jpg
    ALPACAINTERIOR7.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 8
  • ALPACAINTERIOR6.jpg
    ALPACAINTERIOR6.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 11
  • ALPACAINTERIOR5.jpg
    ALPACAINTERIOR5.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 11
  • ALPACAINTERIOR4.jpg
    ALPACAINTERIOR4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 12
  • ALPACAINTERIOR3.jpg
    ALPACAINTERIOR3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got more issues. Hoping @BrianJ or @Max-Q can sort these out. First one. Lights. I have the setting for 8 lights in d3d9 and in the cfg
I wish we could have more than 8. But in the first image there are 3 lights on. 2 on the Alpaca and then 1 eva.

But if I add another eva guy and turn his lights on the front light of the alpaca goes away?
Alpaca light code
docking_lightfront = (SpotLight*)AddSpotLight(_V(0, 1.4, 2.5), _V(0, -1, 1), 5, 1e-2, 0, 1e-2, RAD * 5, RAD * 10, col_white, col_white, col_a); docking_lightaft = (SpotLight*)AddSpotLight(_V(0, 1, -2.2769), _V(0, -1, -1), 5, 1e-2, 0, 1e-1, RAD * 5, RAD * 10, col_white, col_white, col_a);

2nd issue I want a crew member to be seen in external and cockpit NOT VC. They get in the way of the mfd views.

SpiderLEM::SpiderLEM (OBJHANDLE hVessel, int flightmodel) : VESSEL4 (hVessel, flightmodel)/*, autopilot ()*/ .... mh_descent = oapiLoadMeshGlobal ("NEWALPACA\\NEWALPACAMAIN"); mh_VC = oapiLoadMeshGlobal("NEWALPACA\\NEWALPACAVC"); mh_cover = oapiLoadMeshGlobal("NEWALPACA\\NEWALPACAcover"); CREW1mesh = oapiLoadMeshGlobal("NEWALPACA\\CDRCREWMESH");

void SpiderLEM::ApplyOrbitalConfig (void) .... SetMeshVisibilityMode (mesh_DS, MESHVIS_ALWAYS); // The descent stage doesn't interfere w/ the cockpit view so it is set to be always visible SetMeshVisibilityMode(mesh_AS, MESHVIS_VC | MESHVIS_ALWAYS);

void SpiderLEM::clbkSetClassCaps (FILEHANDLE cfg)
mesh_DS = AddMesh(mh_descent); // Load descent stage mesh and offset it to avoid overlap
SetMeshVisibilityMode (mesh_DS, MESHVIS_ALWAYS); // The descent stage doesn't interfere w/ the cockpit view so it is set to be always visible
//mesh_DS = AddMesh(mh_descentclose, &LEM_DescentOFFSET); // Load descent stage mesh and offset it to avoid overlap
mesh_AS = AddMesh(mh_VC); // Load descent stage mesh and offset it to avoid overlap
SetMeshVisibilityMode(mesh_AS, MESHVIS_VC); // The descent stage doesn't interfere w/ the cockpit view so it is set to be always visible

mesh_cover = AddMesh(mh_cover); // Load descent stage mesh and offset it to avoid overlap
SetMeshVisibilityMode(mesh_cover, MESHVIS_VC); // The descent stage doesn't interfere w/ the cockpit view so it is set to be always visible

mesh_CREW1 = AddMesh(CREW1mesh, &_V(-0.75, 0.142, 1));
[/ICODE]
and in
then if I set the mesh
SetMeshVisibilityMode(mesh_CREW1, MESHVIS_VC);
this works. But if I set for MESHVIS-COCKPIT|MESH_EXTERNAL only It shows all the time

Attachments

• LIGHTNUMBER.jpg
    LIGHTNUMBER.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 8
  • LIGHTNUMBER1.jpg
    LIGHTNUMBER1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 8

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
But if I set for MESHVIS-COCKPIT|MESH_EXTERNAL only It shows all the time
I think, this is supposed to be so. As per API Reference.pdf, Meshvis_always is defined as

Code:
• #define MESHVIS_ALWAYS (MESHVIS_EXTERNAL|MESHVIS_COCKPIT)
Mesh is always visible.

diogom

Reaction score
Could it be changed dynamically? That is, when the VC is loaded, the mesh visibility is changed. Would also need something to detect when you leave the VC view though, to make it visible again.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not sure. I think something is wrong. I noticed I have the Cover set as VC but it is seen in external and cockpit?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you want to see the mesh but not in the VC view? In the Lander the VC view mainly is on the MFD and windows. But if you have cockpit view not VC then you may want to see the meshes?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Some progress. On the eva guy. The wrinkles in the elbow joint are there in the mesh. I wonder if I should just textures the lines so you can see them?

On the launch it is basically 3 Vulcan 1st stages. You can see the thrust as 3 times the vulcan thrust. Not sure why the double thrust apply though?

You can see the separation. Might update the centaur mesh.

I fixed the light issues. The eva guys had 2 lights each. Not they have 1 light but 2 beacons

On the meshes? I wonder if there is a way to tell the code if landed just this interior mesh and if not landed then then use this mesh?

Attachments

• VULCAN5SEP.jpg
    VULCAN5SEP.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 12
  • VULCAN5THRUST.jpg
    VULCAN5THRUST.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 11
  • VULCAN5.jpg
    VULCAN5.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 10
  • evaguymesh.jpg
    evaguymesh.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 9
  • externalcrew.jpg
    externalcrew.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 10
  • evaguynew3.jpg
    evaguynew3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
NASA Tweet:
Quadratisches Profilbild

We selected @BlueOrigin to develop the human landing system for the #Artemis V mission. This component for deep space transportation will help us in our goal of sending astronauts to the surface of the Moon and returning them home safely: https://go.nasa.gov/3Mn3QQU

Illustration of a proposed Blue Origin spacecraft on the surface of the Moon. The spacecraft is white and stands tall with four landing struts. The top segment has a blue NASA emblem on it. Astronauts in white spacesuits are seen working on the lunar surface. A crescent blue Earth is in the background of space. Credit: Blue Origin

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
NASA Tweet:
Quadratisches Profilbild

We selected @BlueOrigin to develop the human landing system for the #Artemis V mission. This component for deep space transportation will help us in our goal of sending astronauts to the surface of the Moon and returning them home safely: https://go.nasa.gov/3Mn3QQU
Illustration of a proposed Blue Origin spacecraft on the surface of the Moon. The spacecraft is white and stands tall with four landing struts. The top segment has a blue NASA emblem on it. Astronauts in white spacesuits are seen working on the lunar surface. A crescent blue Earth is in the background of space. Credit: Blue Origin
Any info if the redesigned Blue Origin HLS will still have a transfer element like its initial 2020 design? Or it is now a two-stage lander like the old Apollo LEM does?