Request Artemis landers

barrygolden

Reaction score
gattis this guy is really comming along the Collins suits you did worked pretty good at the south pole

when you get this guy working keep in mind will need to do one with out the red stripes you might keep the red on his neck though and the other two will needs those broken stripes

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I get this now:
4 suited guys.
I still can't get the guys to exit at the correct spot by the ladder though

Attachments

• XEMUSUITS.jpg
    XEMUSUITS.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 12

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Added cargo space in the Alpaca. The main issue is EVA. because of the pole position I added an attachment and then create the guy and attach. No problem. But then you need to go and press a key and it detaches. If I have the detach part of the lander then the guy is place in a weird place.

Attachments

• ALPACASTOW4.jpg
    ALPACASTOW4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 12
  • ALPACASTOW3.jpg
    ALPACASTOW3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 13

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now 4. An issue is one things the guy pick up and move. when dropped they bounce around and fly into space. just using a simple cfg
Meshname = TONGS Mass = 250 Size = 6.0 Inertia = 7.7 7.7 2.3 ; === Attachment specs === BEGIN_ATTACHMENT P .015 -1.85 -.25 0 0 1 0 1 0 HD END_ATTACHMENT

Attachments

• 4XEMUGUYS.jpg
    4XEMUGUYS.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 5

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You may want to force the behaviour of all ground stuff to be "landed" on ground contact. Stuff like props don't need to have the complex suspension simulated (from Orbiter's core engine), it is overkill.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You may want to force the behaviour of all ground stuff to be "landed" on ground contact. Stuff like props don't need to have the complex suspension simulated (from Orbiter's core engine), it is overkill.
How? I adjusted the mesh so it seems stable.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The issue sometimes persists. The physics under the hood are complex and sometimes lead to unstable behavior. Try here (special thanks to @asbjos) :

I think the addon is open-source so you can "hard-code" the landed status into the vessel (any orbiter object that isn't a planet or scenery) module. @martins let a "backdoor" in the code for this (thanks @Face & @asbjos for finding it).

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Something I have been asked to make is the flexrover. The animations are going to be a nightmare. The wheels will act like the rover I have built. So that's not too difficult. But I think the raising and lowering of the main body will be. As I understand it as the main body gets raised/lower the wheel may move in/out. I will need to watch videos on that.
So if at the wheel arm as it rotates up the main body should rotate down. Might work for one side. Then you got 2 sides.
https://astrolab-images.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf_files/Payload_Interface_Guide.pdf

Attachments

• flexrover3.jpg
    flexrover3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got her to steer and move.

I think for the different modules like eva, I might just make a key and now you see the eva module.

On the raising/lower of the main unit. The wheel do move. Going to try to reproduce that.

Attachments

• flexroverlunar2.jpg
    flexroverlunar2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 3
  • flexroverlunar1.jpg
    flexroverlunar1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3

barrygolden

Reaction score
Yes this thing will have a lot of stuff and motions that move but it is a super start. Space X is looking to add this as early as Artemis 3 would be nice to lower it first to use its TV camera when the first woman steps off onto the surface.
I had wondered about standing for hrs during an EVA but I did see a pic where the EVA guys could sit down on the floor while this is parked for a short rest that makes alot of sense.
Might make note the solar panels fold up as well when parked .
the manned version might be a cargo box with the foot rests and controls also the sampling tools and I have seen a drill on one as well

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes this thing will have a lot of stuff and motions that move but it is a super start. Space X is looking to add this as early as Artemis 3 would be nice to lower it first to use its TV camera when the first woman steps off onto the surface.
I had wondered about standing for hrs during an EVA but I did see a pic where the EVA guys could sit down on the floor while this is parked for a short rest that makes alot of sense.
Might make note the solar panels fold up as well when parked .
the manned version might be a cargo box with the foot rests and controls also the sampling tools and I have seen a drill on one as well
Thanks. I have not seen the solar panels fold. It makes sense. There are floor panels that fold up/down for the eva.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now I get this. When folded it fits under the Alpaca. I might try to adjust the lower/raise animation. Basically as the body is moved up/down the arms rotate and the wheel structure rotates the opposite direction. But it may need to be more so the wheels are not so much in the ground.

I think with a key press shows which module in the flex rover. This is the eva module. Along with that module would be a module with spare tire and tools

Attachments

• flexroverevamodule.jpg
    flexroverevamodule.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5
  • flexroveralpaca1.jpg
    flexroveralpaca1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 6
  • flexroveralpaca2.jpg
    flexroveralpaca2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
  • flexroveralpaca3.jpg
    flexroveralpaca3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now this. Eva module with the foot pads down

Attachments

• FLEXROVEREVAMODULE2.jpg
    FLEXROVEREVAMODULE2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 8
  • FLEXROVEREVAMODULE1.jpg
    FLEXROVEREVAMODULE1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 8

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now the eva tool kit with camera on board. I am not sure if you could attach tools in the box. I can make fake tools in there.

Attachments

• FLEXROVEREVATOOLS.jpg
    FLEXROVEREVATOOLS.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 4