Updates Artemis

richfororbit

Reaction score
I think it already does 🤷‍♂️

Artemis 2 might lift off late next year, which would be three years after Artemis 1. Artemis 3 might lift off another year later, at the earliest, with the landing-part likely canceled for that mission. Any further mission is written in the stars...

The budget has less money, I haven't even checked this years budget, regardless, the next mission takes off when it does.

Who was suppose to be building a landing craft? There is no budget for this at all?

I read the NASA site daily, so the main missions I checked out are just the Mars rovers. A little slow with all that, not a lot in the findings yet..:confused:

barrygolden

Reaction score
Who was suppose to be building a landing craft? There is no budget for this at all?

NASA has funded Space X and Blue Origin to build landers Bezos already over budget and Space X needs a bulldozer to build a landing pad for a 7 story building. Maybe the Alpaca made more sence for both crew and a cargo version

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
The budget has less money, I haven't even checked this years budget, regardless, the next mission takes off when it does.
Yeah. But just the next, and maybe another one for now. I'm not an economist, but I have hopes for the post-ISS era though, which eventually might free additional money, resources and manpower. But that is till at least 6 years in the future.

It's a little bit equal to the post-Apollo era I think. There wasn't enough money to fly Moon landing missions while simultaneously design, build and test the Shuttle in the 70s. So they used remnants of the Apollo program for Skylab and the ASTP flight, followed by a gap of 6 years until STS-1.

Like Urwumpe and berrygolden mentioned. More precisely, it will be the Starship HLS.

I read the NASA site daily, so the main missions I checked out are just the Mars rovers. A little slow with all that, not a lot in the findings yet..:confused:
I read the NASA website too. But I think https://www.nasaspaceflight.com provides more in-depth information. The NASA website (and NASA TV) is still a nightmare in terms of public relations imho.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

The landing craft program is called HLS - Human Landing System, you can find it in the NASA budget.