Project Bases to Land Planet Hopper Class star ships

How long should the Moon base runway be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ok then. I'll see what I can do. This is getting quite annoying. I can't compile the thing! Here's a screenshot explaining the details. Did I miss anything or do anything wrong?

Yes, you have forgotten to learn C++. It is annoying, because you waste our time while you are NOT doing your homework.

Learn what header files and class definitions are. Where is Dome defined?

TCR_500

Making my own racing simulator.
Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
I don't know anything about what's going on with the code. And skipping through that C++ book wasn't a good idea.

Warning: C++ Overload

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't know anything about what's going on with the code. And skipping through that C++ book wasn't a good idea.

Warning: C++ Overload

Skipping? And which book?

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Why don't you just leave the dome thing for now, spend a few months learning c++ properly, and then try it again?

Your problem was that the code I gave you is just one function as a member of a class. Dome is a VESSEL2 class, as I said before. Have a look at the ShuttlePB example - change ShuttlePB to Dome, add in clbkPreStep as a public class member, and do the same for SimulateAirDrag(). Also, find the dome's radius and make that a member of the class (as a double).

But, seriously, if you don't know stuff like classes and where to put the code, this project is way too hard for you. Do the smart thing and leave it.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Ok then. I'll see what I can do. This is getting quite annoying. I can't compile the thing! Here's a screenshot explaining the details. Did I miss anything or do anything wrong?

Which is why most programmers spend years learning the craft. If you really want to be a programmer then you can't learn it all from a single book or a few web pages. You'll need to go to classes.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
And that comment will sum up the whole thread.

Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.