Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Good excuse to buy new!

I've done it before....quietly.

N.

The problem is: I could buy one instantly. Even a bigger and better one than the current ever was.

But then, real life mentions that I need a new car this year an this car needs to be bigger and better than the current one. And better is hard, while bigger is easy. :lol: And my family grew by 200% while my income remained the same over the past four years. Which is making me so annoyed, that I could become honorary scotsman.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry, there are no Honorary Scotsman, its like The Channel Islands, you have to be born there. You can visit, but you will leave feeling...was I really there?

Do I remember Battletech in the 80/90's?
I had an Amiga then. Might have been on that.
Do remember it was complex, and hard work. Probably went back to Frack!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Very interested in this one. It's also gotten me nostalgic for the Batteltech tabletop days, as well as Mechwarrior 2, Mechwarrior 3, and Mechcommander Gold.

Still to this day, when someone ends an answer/statement with "I think," my response is always, "Don't think, Mechwarrior, find out!!!"

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This game looks really cool. As a sign of how out of the loop I am, I have no real grasp of what Steam is, and like Urwumpe, I have doubts as to the ability of my current machine to handle newer games, and with a house that needs a new roof, it'll be a while before I get to this.

I was hugely into BattleTech tabletop wargaming in the 90s, and I played the tar out of MechWarrior 2 on the PC back then as well, including the occasional online battle over a dodgy dial-up modem.

Very interested in this one. It's also gotten me nostalgic for the Batteltech tabletop days, as well as Mechwarrior 2, Mechwarrior 3, and Mechcommander Gold.

Still to this day, when someone ends an answer/statement with "I think," my response is always, "Don't think, Mechwarrior, find out!!!"

When I get angry at some idiot in traffic, I still yell out what my Jade Falcon MechWarrior drill instructor used to tell me,

"Back to the barn, recruit. You drive like a freebirth!"

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, there are no Honorary Scotsman

But... there are no true scotsmen either, so... what scotsmen are there actually?

Somehow battletech passed me right by. For some unexplicable reason (like, seriously, I have no idea why) I just never found giant robots to be cool. Some of it whas their distinct disadvantage of not being spaceships, but still, it's baffling that they never interested me at all given that I basically ate all things science fiction I could get my hands on as a kid.
Couldn't get into Mechwarrior2 back then, and tried to get into Mechwarrior4 when it went free, but I didn't play it for very long.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Humour aside?

If you are born in Scotland, you are a Scotsman or Scotswoman. Same as any other nation really. As Scotland isn't a separate nation, you can't adopt its nationality, I think!

Just making a point of the "friendly" banter between the English and Scots, sometimes.
I'll get my coat.

N.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'd seen Battletech played at a few cons and mini cons (in the game room). I was always more of an OGRE/GEV player myself.

But I'll admit some of the video games piqued my interest.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just never found giant robots to be cool.

Well, they're not robots. They're vehicles in vaguely humanoid or animal shapes, like the AT-AT or AT-ST from Star Wars.

In fact, in looking at the source books and novels, I recall very few robots in the BTech universe for some reason.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, they're not robots. They're vehicles in vaguely humanoid or animal shapes, like the AT-AT or AT-ST from Star Wars.

In fact, in looking at the source books and novels, I recall very few robots in the BTech universe for some reason.

They are walking tanks. Sometimes jumping tanks.

Their only big advantage over tanks: They can operate in various different environments, from up to 900 meter deep water to outer space.

jsky

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this game??? I'm on the fence and can't decide whether to get it or not :blink:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What do you guys think of this game??? I'm on the fence and can't decide whether to get it or not :blink:

With a better, working notebook, I would buy it, it looks interesting.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Battletech update

BATTLETECH 1.1 HAS ARRIVED
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Today we released update 1.1.0 on the Paradox Launcher, Steam and GOG.

This update is all about giving you more ways to customize your experience, as well as reacting to common pieces of feedback that we've heard from you about the game. It also includes a healthy dose of optimizations and general bugfixes across all areas of BATTLETECH.

Tune into Twitch tonight at 6:00 PM CEST to get the full rundown of the new features and updates!

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxintera...medium=email&utm_campaign=batt_bt_20180621_dd