Being christmas I thought the next version of orbiter would be out

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not polite to complain about the wait for the next version. Martin does this for fun.

Before the Probe does anything, it has to check with Martin first.

Also, Martin can make Chuck Norris cry.

adamb193

Lighting Geek
Reaction score
Actually we are all in Martin's first game, called the universe. Orbiter is created by his avatar, we all live on his hard drive and are all just computer simulations.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Is there an inside joke with the "Tuesday" thing? Has Orbiter had a habit of being released on Tuesdays?

We realy need to provide information to new members about the "tuesday" joke, too few people get it.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Actually we are all in Martin's first game, called the universe. Orbiter is created by his avatar, we all live on his hard drive and are all just computer simulations.

I hope he backs up that hardrive every now and then!

tonyw

Reaction score
I don't post much but I wanted to comment on this. I've been playing Orbiter for about five years so have been through a couple of different version releases, and I know about Tuesdays ;)

I very much appreciate the efforts that Martin must put into Orbiter especialy as he releases it for free, BUT I love having new versions to play with. I'm kinda like a kid at Xmas wanting to try out all the new features. While there is nothing wrong with the version currently in play but new stuff is great.

Its like buying a new car. There's nothing wrong with the old car, it has an engine, leccy window and air-con and it still gets me to work in the morning. But it hasn't got that new trip computer or the one touch climate control. New stuff is FUN FUN FUN :speakcool:

The little kid in me wants the new version NOW, however the adult in me knows Martin will release it when he is happy with the new one. Which is more than most software houses do these days I mean look at the last release, only one patch needed for the last version. most games end up getting four, five or more patches. Martin is a miracle worker.

Anyway to get to the point of this post
When is the new version released?

have a look here http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/Orbiter_mission.pdf

and I quote

London, 2nd November 2008

[FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria]Orbiter – Mission statement [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Orbiter is a comprehensive freeware spaceflight simulator for the PC that offers accurate physics, excellent 3D graphics, astronomy features, and a first-person astronaut’s perspective. Since its first release in October 2000, Orbiter has undergone continuous development, and the next release is scheduled for the beginning of 2009.

Woo and dare I say it hoo :cheers:

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't post much but I wanted to comment on this. I've been playing Orbiter for about five years so have been through a couple of different version releases, and I know about Tuesdays ;)

I very much appreciate the efforts that Martin must put into Orbiter especialy as he releases it for free, BUT I love having new versions to play with. I'm kinda like a kid at Xmas wanting to try out all the new features. While there is nothing wrong with the version currently in play but new stuff is great.

Its like buying a new car. There's nothing wrong with the old car, it has an engine, leccy window and air-con and it still gets me to work in the morning. But it hasn't got that new trip computer or the one touch climate control. New stuff is FUN FUN FUN :speakcool:

The little kid in me wants the new version NOW, however the adult in me knows Martin will release it when he is happy with the new one. Which is more than most software houses do these days I mean look at the last release, only one patch needed for the last version. most games end up getting four, five or more patches. Martin is a miracle worker.

Anyway to get to the point of this post
When is the new version released?

have a look here http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/Orbiter_mission.pdf

and I quote

Woo and dare I say it hoo :cheers:

Ask the adult in you, he gave you the answer in that post.

Tommy

Reaction score
With great new add-ons being released nearly every day, I don't find it such a chore to wait for the next version of Orbiter. That being said, the Lua scripting is going to open some incredible new opportunities for add-on devs, and that alone bumps my impatience level up a bit.

But I'd rather wait for a finished product than deal with the bugs that come with a rushed production. After all, if patience is truly a problem, the beta has been available for quite some time.

Keatah

Reaction score
add-on

Everytime I put in an add-on, orbiter is brand new all over again!