Question Best Film Ever?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Top Gun isn't too bad as far as comedies go. But I think it pales in comparison to Blazing Saddles and/or Young Frankenstein.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Raiders of the Lost Ark is definitely on my top 5 favorite movies list. I love that movie. I love all of the Indiana Jones movies. Even Crystal Skull. Not my favorite of course, but still watchable for me.

VSI

Reaction score
I would have to say mine is an anime Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of The Trailblazer and this one Chinese movie about some emperor that his castle is of gold and his warriors wear gold and so does he and his son goes against his father and mother and he wears silver so does his warriors but cant remember the name if anyone knows what I am talking about please refresh my lost mind please :)

Suzy

Reaction score
Website
suzymchale.com
I would have to say mine is an anime Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of The Trailblazer and this one Chinese movie about some emperor that his castle is of gold and his warriors wear gold and so does he and his son goes against his father and mother and he wears silver so does his warriors but cant remember the name if anyone knows what I am talking about please refresh my lost mind please :)

Would the Chinese movie be Curse of the Golden Flower? Everyone looks quite golden and shiny there :)

Some of my best-ever favorite films: Ran by Akira Kurosawa, Lawrence of Arabia (saw it on Blu-ray for the 1st time this year and it was awesome!), the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, Contact (starring Jodie Foster) and Avatar.

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe not the best film ever, and as I've given my vote, this could be a cop-out!

Don't often see it on the telly here, but Pitch Black is on ITV2(UK) 21:00 BST tonight.

Well, thats my credibilty down the drain...again.

N.

Columbia42

Reaction score
So many to name! I'm sure I've forgotten some but my list of favorites would have to include
The Matrix
The King's Speech
Apollo 13
The Truman Show
Catch Me If You Can
Moon
The Hunt For Red October

One that really deserves mention here (haven't seen a post yet!) is Primer, probably the best time travel movie I have seen and one of those which still conveys new nuances after watching it a dozen times!

Last edited:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A three-course meal:

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Ah Cloud Atlas, that is indeed a curious one, something that I see having as much haters as lovers, quite the work of art that one is.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah Cloud Atlas, that is indeed a curious one, something that I see having as much haters as lovers, quite the work of art that one is.

I'm currently working my way through the source book, and Wachowskis have completely butchered the Sonmi story, by not realizing her obvious parallells to Jesus of Nazareth. It would have been a much better movie if they chose to exploit that angle. Oh well. The movie is confusing enough that it will develop a cult following anyway :)

That said, Kieslowski's Red makes the same point Cloud Atlas does, in half of time, 1/6th of storylines, and 1% of the budget...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Managed to find the scene I was after in The Wages of Fear:

Still looks good I think?

N.

Krikkit

Reaction score
Always been my favorite

But if you are going to watch it you need to makes sure to get the extended directors cut. For some reason they have deleted all the funniest scenes even from the standard blu-ray.