General Question Best lunar landing expirience

Xavier

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the proper area to post, if a moderator can please check.

I want the best expirience for the lunar landings possible. I love AMSO because of its simplicity, and would appreciate a better lunar 3D surface.

Orulex is incredibly buggy, and crashes orbiter for me, is there an alternative?

Can someone give me advice or a list of plugins to make this work for me?

• I want a 3D lunar surface, so when I orbit, I can see mountains like I see in Orulex
  • I have seen shadows in youtube videos of orbiter fantaics of the landscape
  • A complete list of scenarios for AMSO that are not included, like missing Apollo missions
  • Anything to really provide a WOW factor

Anyone give me advice?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Which Collision client did you download with orulex? Visoad 2.0 is supposed to be highly unstable & noone is really sure if it even works. My best suggestion would be to stick with orulex, maybe lower the poly count in its settings, and try Orulex Collisions UCGO.

Here, [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4433"]Orulex_Collisions_UCGO[/ame]

So, try downloading this, deactivate & delete Visoad 2.0, & enable collision core under the modules tab. You wont experience collisions if you fly horizontally through Orulex terrain, but you can land on it and pressing the period key will update your proper height over terrain. In the long run, yes Orulex is fairly buggy, and a modest FPS hit, but it adds more to the overall orbiter experience than any other addon in my opinion. Id really like to see a terrain engine integrated into the next orbiter version, but thats just me.

That help? :thumbup:

Xavier

Reaction score
OGLA client?
Where do I download this?

And all I do is install this addon you provided like I would with a normal orbiter mod?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OGLA client?
Where do I download this?

And all I do is install this addon you provided like I would with a normal orbiter mod?

OGLA download is linked somewhere on a OGLA 11something threas here on the forums

the terrain generation will still probably require Orulex, available on OHM

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
D3D11 has pretty darn good looking terrain.

005.png

016.PNG

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
D3D11 has pretty darn good looking terrain.

005.png

016.PNG

No collision that Im aware of yet. I would presume the shots you just posted used the heightmaps available (not procedural generated). Where can they be downloaded?