Question birthday present.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi
My birthday is coming up on the 24 th of May. I will be 15. I really dont know what i should get for my birthday... Im into space and pc gaming. Any recommendations?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I got myself for Christmas a piece of Columbia tile from Space.com; along with her first and last mission patch. Eventually I'll build a shadow box for them...

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
My understanding of the birthday idea is that other people get you presents, isn't that how it works? Surely they decide what you get?

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Apparently not in Hobbiton.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I asked my parents for Minecraft. I don't really ask for many things for my birthday.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
My understanding of the birthday idea is that other people get you presents, isn't that how it works? Surely they decide what you get?

That's generally how it should work, but after you get a certain age... Although I did get my wife a red bathrobe (also from space.com) that mimics the red Tunic that Uhura wore in Star Trek TOS (she loved it BTW).

So, to worir1, start prowling around the internet for space-n-rocket-junkie type stuff, print out stuff that catches your eye and leave a few stratigically placed copies around the house.

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
For my birthday this year I'm doing something different. I'm going to go here and enjoy a day soaking up British Naval history which is my escape from computers.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I got the best presents by simply mentioning how important spaceflight is for me. Not always what I wanted to get, but always something better than what I could have imagined by myself.

I have never been much into picture books, but my mother managed to find two about spaceflight that had been really great to watch and read.

sitha241

Reaction score
I usually treat my self with some models of spacecraft, or some tools..
But like Urwumpe said since I constantly talk about space and spaceflight I usually get something related to it.. :)

Kendo

Reaction score
Getting away from space, how about a Hot air balloon. (expensive though).
I had one for my 60th birthday, we crash landed by but we were all O.k. Really exciting. I would go up every day if I could afford it.
It,s something you will never forget.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That's generally how it should work, but after you get a certain age...

...or if you suddenly find yourself, well, no longer attached... ;)

Two years ago I took myself to Florida to try and watch one of the last shuttle launches. The launch was delayed, and I had to come home before it went up, but it was still a great experience just being there in the area & at the Visitor's Center.

This year I got myself a second acoustic guitar while I was on vacation at Myrtle Beach with my GF (no, not space-related, but if you head over to the random comments thread, you can see me playing the theme from Firefly on it :) ).

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm born just some month after you. What I'll ask for birthday is X-Plane 10. Not space related (directly, you can do lots of stuff with XP10), but a pretty present still.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Ask for freeze-dried icecream instead of the regular stuff. It's sactually quite good. :)

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Am i too young to go sky diving? In the UK.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Yes. Google would have answered that for you in 30 seconds.

Age 16 - 17. The minimum age for tandem skydiving is 16 years. A parental/guardian signature of consent is required on three forms (the centre membership form, the BPA medical form and the BPA membership agreement) which will be provided upon booking.

Source: http://www.skydiving.co.uk/tandem.htm

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ok. I think ill go in one of those sky diving tunnel things. With the big fan underneath.

llarian

Reaction score
How about, in the words of your countrymen: "And now for something completely different ..."

Instead of getting ... how about giving? Be a good example for your peers and you can help continue the process of "pay it forward".

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I have nothing to give. I done have pocket money.

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I'm thinking he meant that you should do some voluntary/charity work.....

As for presents, it's easy, ask your best friend what they want and steal their list ;). (Definitely joking, my bestie's list would have perfume, archie comics and noodles on it.....all things I'm not keen on).

Do what I do....as you are browsing around online and see something you like...add it to your amazon wish list...that way you never have to worry and can just send people a link! (Hint hint Garyw)

Keatah

Reaction score

What is there is a multiple personality disorder involved?

Anyhow - get something that will enhance your gaming and computing experience. Something to do with orbiter perhaps.