Updates Boeing's CST-100 Starliner

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't know, it seems still very "artificial" to me... there's no real destination to carry people to. The ISS is a state-funded project and will soon be no more, and not only because of international politics, it is just getting very old. Looks like nations will try to make their own things, probably reviving stuff like Skylab or Salyut at best... The Moon landing thing is... very optimistic at best. I doubt anything really significant will happen before 2030. Maybe a lunar flyby at the very best.

Well, its possible that a commercial location is LEO will get funded. The conditions aren't bad at all, it would be better, if the Europeans would also join the club.

I really think, a near-future commercial spaceflight world with Orbital Reef station and other plans could really be fun to play, because it isn't unrealistic at all and economically not depending on too much lubrication via government money. Maybe even with a lunar village to visit.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I even went back to be sure I hear well: "the vehicle is traveling at a relative velocity of 24 Machs" ?‍♂️
This from the mouth of a PAO that is there since the Shuttle days... but somehow the new ones are worst.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
China has banned Russian Boeing and Airbus from flying over its territory (urgently made their own planes)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That''s because those planes are running out of spare parts (because of the embargo on parts), which makes their operation hazardous.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
That''s because those planes are running out of spare parts (because of the embargo on parts), which makes their operation hazardous.
Why do business with a company that puts human lives at risk?

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
wait a minute, what the hell, Russia makes parts for Boeing from its titanium, the parts are sent to the usa for registration
each of the Boeing flying now consists of 60% of Russian titanium

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
wait a minute, what the hell, Russia makes parts for Boeing from its titanium, the parts are sent to the usa for registration
each of the Boeing flying now consists of 60% of Russian titanium
Well, Boeing has said that they don't use Russian titanium on their new aircraft since March this year, as they have diversified its source. On the other hand, Airbus relies heavily upon Russian titanium.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
To be fair no planes work without spare parts...

The same applies to any complex technical system, Even modern "sealed round" ICBMs don't work without constant maintenance, despite nobody touching them. If broken, back to factory. If factory has no spare parts for its machines, no replacements. If no replacements.... well, you can always simulate launches as long as you have spare parts for your command computers....

Aren't economics great?