Project CST-100 Starliner

warstaker

Reaction score
The LC-41 crew tower had textures by accident allocated. I played around with some standard textures for concrete etc., but their path ended up pointing to the CST-100 folder instead of the standard texture folder. Will correct this.

On the CTD's at startup: I am glad you also experience them sometimes! Nobody was complaining up to now, so I thought maybe my Orbiter setup was damaged.

My experience is a sudden death at the end of the loading screen. No suspicious entries in the Orbiter.log. Statistically it happens more often after resuming the current scenario.

Interestingly, after crashing a scenario in D3D9 client, the same scenario still starts in Orbiter's default graphics client. And the funny thing is, sometimes later the very same scenario might as well resume in the D3D9 client.

Currently I am looking in the code as well if the are corrupted meshes. Will also clean out missing textures, but they normally do not crash the program.
Main suspects are memory leaks or wrong memory allocation.
Maybe somebody has an idea how to populate the ~Destructor() so it really gets rid of anything in the memory?
Hello, I recently downloaded this addon and its incredible!! But unfortunately Im experiencing these random CTD the same exact way you described them in this message, were you able to find the cause?

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Short answer is, no I did not find the reason. It could be a faulty mesh (sometimes I see tringles extending from capsule outwards) or not proper initialized variables.
I put the Starliner dormant, as it looked it will never fly again.
As it flew now, I might re-visit it. But as this will probably mean new meshes and new code, I am somewhat hesitant on that.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
so on cst-06 I get this . Can you share the code I might be able to see

Attachments

• cst100sm.jpg
    cst100sm.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 4

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
That looks like what happens when a single mesh group has too many vertices.
I've checked the SM .msh and it looks ok, no problems.

Falcon launch scenerio doesn't work, on orbit works fine.
Got the falcon .scn to work by adding these lines to the strongback in the .scn

STTS 3 0 2
ARMVIS 0

So far no problems, noticed the SM has a strange name after jettison: CST%s-SM

Now to see if I can get the atlas 5/6 to launch...

gattispilot
Here is the launch from today
the .ini file is missing

works with AVN22-CST.ini, what did you change in your .ini?

(interesting fairing arrangement?:unsure:)

Last edited:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Thanks for checking!
The door is indeed a complicated mesh, a boolean cutout of the shell, with another boolean cutout for the window.
Will test, if the door is replaced by simple mesh.