OHM Brighton Base Enhancement

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: aviator14

The Brighton Base enhancement will improve your Brighton Beach moon base by adding high-res textures and more scenery to the base. It will also add lights and a commstower to the base.

Credit goes to Ar81 for creating a tutorial to design and improve surface bases.

see my other addon - Olympus Base Enhancement here:
http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3252

DOWNLOAD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by dumpshock
Review:
It's nice having this readily downloadable without having to go through the Tutorial ar81 released; however, you might want to have a look at your Brighton.cfg you released with this. Some of the original buildings still exist and overlap the newer ones, creating a few texture artifacts. Removing the older buildings fixes this.

Review by jedimaster1214
Pros: Really cool as a new base!!!
Cons: none.
Review:
A WAYYYYYY better version of BB.

Tycho6

Reaction score
Textures don't show up

Although this looks like a nice add-on, when installed the only textures I see on any of the structures are on the roof. Every other surface is flat grey. I tried editing the config file to remove the old buildings, but it didn't help.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Did you update your base.cfg file in the config folder? You may have to edit it manually.

Actually, what might be a better learning experiance is to get the tutorial by ar81, which makes your base look just like this, with the how's and why's associated with it.

Tycho6

Reaction score
Did you update your base.cfg file in the config folder? You may have to edit it manually.

Actually, what might be a better learning experiance is to get the tutorial by ar81, which makes your base look just like this, with the how's and why's associated with it.

I did try manually editing the base.cfg file. No help there, though.
Perhaps I'll try the tutorial and see if that explains where I'm lost. Thanks for suggesting it.

Zaphod

Reaction score
I got it to work earlier, then due to an unrelated reason i had to uninstall and reinstall orbiter. Now I can't get it to work. I followed all the step and did the exact same steps before as I'm doing now. Any advice?

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
Is this good to go for 2010..I gave it a shot with no difference..Any suggestions?

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Is this good to go for 2010..I gave it a shot with no difference..Any suggestions?

Did you make the required edits to your base.cfg file as described in the Readme.txt?

IMPORTANT!!! You must add the following to the list of generic textures in the base.cfg file located in Orbiter Directory\Config:
Fcd15
Fcd15_n
Fcd17
Fcd17_n
Fcd18
Fcd18_n
Fcd19
Fcd19_n
Fcd20
Fcd20_n​

ParaG

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by dumpshock
Review:
It's nice having this readily downloadable without having to go through the Tutorial ar81 released; however, you might want to have a look at your Brighton.cfg you released with this. Some of the original buildings still exist and overlap the newer ones, creating a few texture artifacts. Removing the older buildings fixes this.

Review by jedimaster1214
Pros: Really cool as a new base!!!
Cons: none.
Review:
A WAYYYYYY better version of BB.

There's an easy fix for the texture artifacts problem, which I also encountered.

You need to change a few numbers in the second BLOCK from the BEGIN OBJECTLIST of the Brighton cfg. file.

BLOCK
POS 20 0 -50
SCALE 40 20 100
TEX1 Fcd19 2 1
TEX2 Fcd19 4 1
TEX3 Roof01 2 4

Change the numbers to read like this...

BLOCK
POS 20 0 -40
SCALE 40 20 80
TEX1 Fcd19 2 1
TEX2 Fcd19 4 1
TEX3 Roof01 2 4

Im not sure why this works,but i guess it repositions and rescales the texture so there's no conflicts...anyway it worked for me. :thumbup:

dmreason

Reaction score
File Structure Correction

Great Enhancement, however I found that the file structure in the download should be changed from: Orbiter/Config/brighton.cfg
To: Orbiter/Config/Moon/Base/brighton.cfg
Then add the generic textures list to your Orbiter/base.cfg file then your good to go.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware. But the "problem" would be that since these are pretty much the stock buildings, there is no texture inside. A UMMU from inside the base could see straight through the walls.

fullarmor2

Reaction score
Did you make the required edits to your base.cfg file as described in the Readme.txt?

IMPORTANT!!! You must add the following to the list of generic textures in the base.cfg file located in Orbiter Directory\Config:
Fcd15
Fcd15_n
Fcd17
Fcd17_n
Fcd18
Fcd18_n
Fcd19
Fcd19_n
Fcd20
Fcd20_n​

Yeah I did this and I'm still getting just the vanilla Brighton Beach?

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
I did make thoze changes and worked out great..unfortunately system crashed and now have every piece of space enthusiastist files in there..time for new system with better facetz..lol..I even made some modification that really made it pop..:cheers:..Ohh well waiting patiently..:rolleyes: