Buildin a PDF file for free?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is there a way to convert a Word document into an Acrobat file without having to buy Acrobat?

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I don't like Open Office; I have a copy of MS Office and I'm perfectly happy with it. What is needed is an export plugin for Word, if such a thing is possible.

Why not? Open office can save and open ms word as well. If you have ms office then thats all you really need, but I dont, so thats what I use... ;)
:beach:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay, I installed PDFCreator, and that seems to be just the ticket. It installs a virtual printer which converts any file into a PDF, in Word you just select File>Print and choose PDFCreator as your printer, works like a charm. It also has a cool I Explorer toolbar that saves a webpage as a PDF, which should be good for saving certain things. Thanks folks. Maybe I can make some decent docs for addons, now.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Okay, I installed PDFCreator, and that seems to be just the ticket. It installs a virtual printer which converts any file into a PDF, in Word you just select File>Print and choose PDFCreator as your printer, works like a charm. It also has a cool I Explorer toolbar that saves a webpage as a PDF, which should be good for saving certain things. Thanks folks. Maybe I can make some decent docs for addons, now.
The virtual printer can also make png/jpeg/bmp/pcx/tiff/ps/eps. Pretty useful overall.

Bj said:
Why not? Open office can save and open ms word as well. If you have ms office then thats all you really need, but I dont, so thats what I use...
I have found that OpenOffice's handling of Word lists/styles etc to be not quite compatible. I have some fairly structured documents and the structure is not all that well preserved when opening those docs in OpenOffice. OpenOffice seems to offer the tools for (re)creating the structure I need but the process of migrating over would be too time consuming. Maybe I'll have another look at it when it comes time to upgrade...